By looking in Thesaurus we know that antonym of peace is ‘War’ but reaching to that stage involves many levels of human life which brings Peace or its antithesis:
- Disturbances in individual life through discontent, greed and other negative traits causes;
- Family quarrels through over-expectations;
- Unfair business practices in communities and collective life;
- Hegemony and manipulation in inter-country relationship;
In nutshell, Peace become casualty through denial of just rights and opportunities
(1) The Beneficent (2) Hath made known the Quran. (3) He hath created man. (4) He hath taught him utterance. (5) The sun and the moon are made punctual. (6) The stars and the trees adore. (7) And the sky He hath uplifted; and He hath set the measure, (8) That ye exceed not the measure, (9) But observe the measure strictly, nor fall short thereof.
(10) And the earth hath He appointed for (His) creatures, (11) Wherein are fruit and sheathed palm trees (12) Husked grain and scented herb. (13) Which is it, of the favors of your Lord, that ye deny? ---- Al-Quran, Chapter 55.
Surat Ar-Rahman (translation by Pickthal)
Peace and prosperity are inter-dependent;
Everyone cherish peace but wants an edge over others in terms of prosperity and even rich become poor in comparision with richer and richest;
Bad business practices helps in keeping prosperity within a small circle and also cause environmental degradation.
Remedy? Business with a cause through sustainoprenership, links to excellent food for thought here