I'm sorry but I have to rain on this parade.

I've been a crusader all my life. Poet, writer, thinker, journalist, concerned human being, living simply and simply living. I joined this network sincerely, in the belief it would be a platform for concerned people to be human and speak with one another.

This has been the case however.....

I am bombarded with an endless propaganda of "we have to be the biggest", "we have X number of members" "join my group", "belong to this crusade" etc..... CUT IT OUT! I am disgusted by this and it isn't about NUMBERS. Quantity effects quality and I'm on the side of "right" and not "numbers".

So you say, just turn off the messages. So you say, delete your account. I don't think that is the solution. I believe in awareness and so I speak out, as every human soul should speak and as does the rock in its own slow fashion. I speak out and I am.....

So I say to those who would wish this network to be "popular". Stop trying. Focus on the good stuff and let's not make peace a popularity contest. It is about each human heart, not how many of them....

The greatest truths and the most changing truths are always said in the face of the seemingly "good". Voice to the voiceless. So let my voice be heard.

David

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you both for your replies.

I know I probably hurt some people's feelings but I really always feel I have to have the bravery to speak with truth...

Tatiana, so much , so well said. I hear you. You end on the right note -- That is Peace work locally or globally with out much hoopola!

My thoughts go to those I know who get up each day and live decently and help others. Maybe not with money but with their spirit, their grace....I want to one day be one of those who just do their thing and in that selflessness, light the way.

Thanks,

David
This topic reminded me of one that I have recently been very concerned with. Similar to your concern about whose discussion is the most popular one is the single-minded aim to make your peace the 'right' peace. I have noticed many acquaintances who have taken personal offence during a discussion when another doesn't agree completely with their views. All I have to say about this is that peace is never a concrete fact. Peace is an abstract idea that is constantly open to interpretation. It is however you personally take it and is as relative as art. Also, I have notices that when there is an opportunity to do something peaceful or to make a change in anything really it always becomes a competition for who gets the credit. I dread the fact that this is so. If there is a change to be made, it should never be about personal gain, but rather the betterment of the population. Is that not what the core of peace really is anyways? I feel strongly about this and I am very anxious to hear what you have to say about it.
Tatina "
your a very correct lady and I see what is going much in the world is true ..it is sad.. and it is that greed has turned to using human lives for others. the rest of the world is beautiful but what is under neath it has a darkest
moments. it is the monster that greed becomes its self.
Hello David I truly agree

I feel by making ipeace it is a purpose not a popularity group with faces and names but helping others talk and
think.

of middle eastern problems like Israel and The Palestine Question " or other issues having people to come on here to share there feelings and suggest solutions how to make this place better for all of us . " hey were not kids acting out in a play. if there ever comes a war and people are victims of it, take a place what happen not to long ago with Tbilisi and Georgia ....
there was a small scale war with Russia and this ruin innocent peoples lives there towns and homes were destroyed people killed.

having people talk to feel and speak some one opinion at least help what others are saying, talking to other people counts
making progress with other people talking from there key boards makes a difference.

talking about solutions ...peace not only makes peace but makes peace with personal self what happens
in there lives.

in there countries about half of the countries has not fell victims to war, death. and destruction.
As all the middle Eastern Countries has. there is people always fighting on some ones land but not solving the issues"what brings them there.
Peace is something every human longs for somewhere inside. So we don't have to "try" to be popular. Theoretically if the search engines do their jobs, we should be findable- but given the current realities we may have to give them a little help, or at least, a nudge or two. "Its all a balance". I agree, it's not about numbers, especially once you get to the "point of findability".
DaveS
All I have to say about this is that peace is never a concrete fact. Peace is an abstract idea that is constantly open to interpretation. It is however you personally take it and is as relative as art. Also, I have notices that when there is an opportunity to do something peaceful or to make a change in anything really it always becomes a competition for who gets the credit. I dread the fact that this is so. If there is a change to be made, it should never be about personal gain, but rather the betterment of the population. Is that not what the core of peace really is anyways?

Tim,

I think you walk upon the foundation and the "core" of this problem... how so many people want "credit" and it is filled with ego and smoke and mirrors - even the good! We can never rid ourselves of this but we can somehow control it, especially in a social context. However both politically (see the politicians play to opinion polls, see them buy the right suits and say the right words) and socially (see me try to sound "right" so others will like me, see how we band together on issues and not in kindness and "humaness") we can't control the ego and the wish to be BIG, be GREAT, be THE ONE.

And to me this is pure Aryanism, however small the amount in the bloodstream, it infects the all.......so also sorry Dave, I disagree with your "threshold" theory of peace.... you are just feeding the monster.

Peace Maker -- you suggest the right course.

I have hope - peace is through connecting and conversation and knowing the "other". Not just online but in reality and vision and picture and sound ...... My own little network tries through English teaching to bring others closer together and make education about understanding other people and illuminating the similar and not the difference....

And that is the crux, n'est pas? The fool believes we are different and uses this as an axe to split our wood. The wise believes and sees how we are so similar and uses this as a hand to grow more wood.......

Let's keep the conversation going and bring it out onto our coffee tables , our streets, Tiblisi and Toronto, Gaza and New Guinea. It's about our humanity and how we suffer together and are similar and all given this same chance , this same momentary chance upon spaceship earth - to see this truth..... "for there but for the grace of god go I " .....

Thanks for all who replied and please keep the thoughts coming.

David
http://eflclassroom.ning.com

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service