Dear everyone all over the earth, dear peace suporter, peace people, I have been working for the last 13 years with Palestinians and israelis, on conflict resolution and groups in conflict as facilitator and trainer, what i think is that we have to continue working with both sides to find a common ideas to build the trust and to destroy the bad images between them, the political and cultural and even religion images, one of the things that we doing with them is to bring them sit in 4 eyes together talking about everything specaily the daily life that both are suffering from, with professional facilitators that helps them to bring out more and more and to be more open for the 4 eyes dialogue. I am honestly looking for more than inviting only palestinians and israelis to such workshops, i am looking to bring more people from the middle east to sit together, conflict is not only between palestinians and israelis, is not only between arabs and jews or israel, its also between us as muslims and arabs in the middle east, why dont we all think together to start dealling with these issues in all eyes , we dont have to hide that not all arabs likes palestinians for example , we have to aknowledge dear everyone that conflict exist everywhere in every person and every home, lest think and find suport to invite small group from the middle east to sit somewhere together to free their emotions and to talk freely about what they think engeneral about everyone including the israelis. We as my organization every year go to germany with a 30 palestinians and 30 israelis doing a proffessional workshop deal with lots of main issues between us and them , and we also talk about some arabs topics, we also go to cyprus and turkey with 2 different groups, and also we have here in palestine or israel every year 4 groups working together for the whole year about how to deal with conflict, how to solve issues, how to live in this small peice of land, how to share, and also we teach them conflict resolution skills, conflict managment skills, negotation skills, facilitation skills, etc....,
Dear peace people, what i am looking for is to invite small group from palestine, same from lebanon, same from syria, same from jordan, same from egypt, same from other gulf countries, to sit 2 weeks together, to hear each other, to learn about each other, to accept and understand each other( you dont have to agree just accept and understand) , to teach cultural issues, to deal with daily conflict issues, to establish a seed for new future away from hatred , racism, war, violance, killing, revange, and just to look for peace coommon issues, i know its hard to do that from the first time, but it will help us to start, and i hope we can find some organizations or people who financaily suport this idea and give it light to start.
with all my thanks
Mohamad shbayta
palestine
Dialogue centre for peace and development
win2winpal@yahoo.com
+972544342627

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mo,

Do you live in Palestine? I would love to come out there at some point and get involved.

Tom (Manchester UK)
its all about trust
I've just read what you wrote. I'am very glad to hear about some actions for peace between Israeli's and arabic people. My best friend Fayçal (tunisian) and me (a french jew) have large debates about this possbility to do something genuine about peace in this part of the world. I'm a. I'll be very honored to collaborate for such a huge task.
Gilles MALKA
Dear everyone,
thank yu so much for your comments, i feel good know to hear people commenting on what i have wrote, trus me all is possible if we want to make it possible, i think and i am sure about it that if we want to put our steryotypes and our hard stories and long history back aside and just think about future then the only way is PEACE, no matter who you are, a no matter what religion you are, or no matter about cultural understaning and believes are, no matter about all these things but the way is only one way and its the way to a better future, m and yours and everyone's future, the way of peace-trust-understaning-likeness-love-and containing.
And yes, we are doing such a workshops since like 13 years, and we have met with around 13000-14000 participants from palestine and israel since that time or since Oslo accords and agreements,and yes again and again we want to continue doing it, we need the help and the suport from everyone to keep doing our peacefull holly work to meet more and more between palestinians and israelis.
thank you
Mohamad (and Donna, too), I wonder if you're familiar with the international conferences held by Imams and Rabbis for Peace? Maybe some of what they have done could be a useful model for you.
May G!d bless your holy work with great success!
Blessings,
-Hayyim
dear hayyim,
i am very familiar with local-nationa-and international conferances, i wasnt talking about the methods, here we have hard time and work to find fund for part of our workshops like the young political learders in palestine and israel and here i am talking about 20 palestinians and 20 israelis to meet for long term project, if you have any idea where to get the fund please let me know.
thank you so much
Hayyim Feldman said:
Mohamad (and Donna, too), I wonder if you're familiar with the international conferences held by Imams and Rabbis for Peace? Maybe some of what they have done could be a useful model for you.
Blessings,
-Hayyim
Sorry I misunderstood, Mohamad. I thought you were saying you wanted to do something that would be new to you, by including people from several other countries along with the Palestinians and Israelis. Either way, it sounds like a wonderful project. I love your description of your approach.

No funding sources come immediately to mind, but I'll certainly let you know if I think of any.

Blessings,
-Hayyim
Dear Mohamad, Please consider joining the John Woolman College web site:

http://woolman.ning.com

... for the support of like-minded and keen-spirited people doing Active Peace everywhere!
Mohamad,

To get funding need one of the following condition

1) you know a person who have the money and support the idea
2) you apply to one of the funds (international/Israeli) and your project is in line of their vision and mission
3) you find a way for low budget and self financing
4) you have a "product" that you can sell outcome of the activity (A conference organized for raising money)

In most cases when you work from Palestine there is an issue of donating money that may support the Hamas, this is an obstacle. another issue is the financial management of your NGO and how trusted is it.

I know that "seeds for Peace" are inline of what you do, and you may want to contact them and see if your structure can work with their "seed of Peace" community.

good luck
Neri

Mohamad sh. said:
dear hayyim,
i am very familiar with local-nationa-and international conferances, i wasnt talking about the methods, here we have hard time and work to find fund for part of our workshops like the young political learders in palestine and israel and here i am talking about 20 palestinians and 20 israelis to meet for long term project, if you have any idea where to get the fund please let me know.
thank you so much
Hayyim Feldman said:
Blessings,
-Hayyim
Dear Linda,
Thank you so much for your comment, i would love actualy to do that, and i am sure all issues are very important, once my tutor told me when you hear others story you feel you story is more simple compairing to there's, since we started we working on this bloody conflict between palestinians and israelis, but since last year we are facing a very hard time to get fund for our projects, we are trying since november 2007 till know to get some fund for some of our workshops but seems no more people or organizations are really intrested in suporting peace between palestinians and israelis.
Thank you, Mohammed for doing this, and for telling us about it. It spreads hope to hear about such processes taking place
Neri Bar-On said:
its all about trust

I agree.

What practical things can we do as individuals and/or groups to build trust with those we do not (really) trust and those who do not (really) trust us?

On example is running SULHA Listening Circles. Running them only needs some active, sensible and committed people. Lack of money is NOT an issue; demonstrating commitment can be. All you need are people who are simply willing to listen to and hear "the other".

Many other simple and free tools are available.
==PmR

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service