Live music... Teas, coffees, snakes and cakes to your hearts content

Coffee Pot Pictures, Images and Photos

Views: 385

Replies to This Discussion

You'll remember this then:

No I don't...... I was out all day and most of the night in fields playing with my pony, no time for music. The first LP I listened to continuously was Bridge Over Troubled Water and Stairway to Heaven, that was when boys became part of my world. I would have been better of sticking to horses!

Beautiful song, I have not heard it before.

How about this one?

I have never heard that one before either....... a great song.
That was a favourite Joan song of mine.
Did you have music in your house when you were growing up?

I did not. My Dad did not like the "racket". I think that makes a big difference.
I lost my dad when I was 8 so there was just Mum and me. My sister is 7 years older than me and had left home by the time I was well into my teens. I had to choose my moments to play my music and Mum wasn't very keen on it. I've no doubt there were some 'awkward' moments but we survived them!
I am sorry, that must have been hard for you, your sister and your Mum.

I left home at 20.

My Dad is very quiet that's why he does not like music being played, he was not a tyrant about it at all, because he would not be like that about anything, I guess it was just the face and him turning off the radio in a non aggressive way he got his message over. He still does not like it when my Mum plays music, though she does play it very loud.

I spent most of my teen years at my friends houses, when I was not with my pony, there homes were a lot more easy going than mine. Our house when Ross was growing up was always the place where all the kids congregated, not with Sophie because she was home educated and there weren't any kids living in the road about the same age. They would be at our house almost from dawn to dusk in the holidays and every night after school in term time, I loved having then about. There were roughly six or so that were in the "gang" and they all lived in the same road. The boys had an idilic childhood, like an old fashioned on......... so much freedom to roam, make camps and ride their bikes.
My dad was always rather a shadowy figure as he was on night work and used to sleep rather a lot in the day. I hardly knew him and now have pretty well no memories of him. It's kind of strange when you think about it. I don't think I ever wrote it down before! Maybe because of this I wasn't hit quite so hard or for so long as it might have been had we been close. Later in life of course, I've wondered what my life would have been like if that had not happened. He was killed in a road accident, on his motorbike, on the way to work one night.

My kids were in their teens when we lived on the farm. The house was a solid 200 year old farmhouse and they could play their music whenever they wanted without disturbing anyone. Having said that, my son was into '60s music, much of which I liked anyway. My daughter left home surreptitiously by spending increasing amounts of time at friends houses until one day we realised she wasn't there any more! Well, it wasn't quite like that, but almost! There was never any hard feeling. She was and still is a great kid and she and I were always close - even if it doesn't sound like it! She accepted office at the student union and never really finished college at that time. Since then she has worked her socks off and now holds a top job in her field. You will have gathered I'm nuts about her!
Wow, I could use a coffee now. A capuccino I think. Care to join me?

OK, here you are.

I turned the computer off last night early, sorry, I should have at least told you I would not be plugged in.

What a pretty cup of capuccino, doilies make so much difference to the presentation to anything, without it it would be a cup and saucer filled with capuccino.

It's was delicious and much appreciated this sunny morning. I hope it's sunny in Dorset too.

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service