Catholic priest blesses 50 new machine guns - Another battle against innocent Muslims

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/441780/...

A Roman Catholic priest accompanied by a military official blesses 50 new machine guns in Kauswagan town in southern Philippine island of Mindanao

Channelnewsasia dated July 11.

What a shame, not only that the Muslims are frequently maltreated a catholic priest blesses new machine guns that are being used against muslim. We talk about Israel and Palestine region.
Look to the Philippines. Seems that everything having to do with Muslims is something bad.
Shame on the catholics and shame on the Vatican.
This poor people in Mindanao is starving, they are killed in their mosque and not enough the representatives of god have to bless the weapons to kill children, innocent women, old people etc.
MIndanao should be part of Malaysia, the people there have a right to live they are human being and not animals, animals are those who treat them badly.

Views: 284

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blessing machine guns is immoral and against peace; just as is you condemning all Catholics for what one Priest does. This is a good reason why there isn't peace; there will always be one Catholic, one Baptist, one Jew, one Muslim, one
something else doing evil... condemning everyone because of one continues the cycle of hatred.

Find the peace within the big picture. Find peace not hate.
Well the wording is shame on the catholics and shame on the vatican. This is not condemnation and well I am also not talking about molesting children during my time in school and during my son's time in school.
Wish them peace and happiness but those who preach peace and happiness should also practice it. I read hundreds of ... there will be one catholic, one baptist, one jew etc etc.

In spite of the individuals desire for peace, the practice of patience and tolerance in order to develop compassion efforts are mostly destroyed by those who are officially out to practice it but in fact denounce it. Left is the shame again.
Unfortunately, the catholic church as a whole, not just a priest here and there, from the crusades to the world wars and in all the wars since, have shown themselves willing to slaughter their fellow man for some unscriptural cause. In the crusades it was to make converts by the sword, in all the modern wars it is to promote some nationalist cause, neither of which was taught by Jesus who said to treat your neighbor as you want to be treated, and that those who fought by the sword would die by the sword.

I would like someone who is a proud catholic to explain to me how they can stand behind a church that encourages its members to go to war against their fellow spiritual brothers and sisters of another nationality, just because their governments have a dispute? This is exactly what you had during the world wars when the clergy blessed the troops, and armaments, on both sides and told both sides God was for them. So, during these wars, Catholics slaughtered Catholics and Protestants slaughtered Protestants in the name of nationalism. Where does Jesus teach that nationalism came before being a Christian?

Jesus said at Acts 10:34-35, “For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.” Jesus also said at John 13:34-35, “I am giving YOU a new commandment, that YOU love one another; just as I have loved YOU, that YOU also love one another. By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.” Can anyone call slaughtering your spiritual brothers of another nationality during war having “love among yourselves”? Where in the bible did Jesus condone killing period for any reason?

Open your bible to Luke 4:6 and read where it says, “So he brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time; 6 and the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it. 7 You, therefore, if you do an act of worship before me, it will all be yours.” 8 In reply Jesus said to him: “It is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’” Who does this scripture say has authority over the governments of the world? Satan the devil does! (See also 1John 5:19, Rev 12:9, 2Cor 4:4)

I ask you, how can any church that supports the governments of Satan’s world, and goes to war for the governments of Satan’s world, be supporting God’s purpose to bring peace to the earth? Is peace ever going to come from Satan’s governments? No! Read the 19th chapter of Revelations where it plainly says that when Jesus comes with his heavenly armies at Armageddon to bring peace to the earth he wars against THE KINGS OF THE EARTH AND THEIR ARMIES and destroys them all. The kings of the earth and their armies do not represent God. And neither does any church that supports and teaches it followers to go to war for Satan’s governments. You only have to open your eyes and look around in the world, who is causing all the disruptions in peace? Is it not mostly Satan’s governments in the hands of his greedy and power hungry politicians that keep peace from the earth?
Hi Dennis, that's an excellent comment, I like that it is so true. Cheers Hans
Anyone with the slightest intelligence can see the difference between all Catholics and the business of the Catholic Church. That's my issue with condemning 1 billion people. There is no such thing as Satan. The bible
you are quoting is a very selected collection of work that a group of Jewish and Roman counselors under the
watch of Helena and Constantine edited to console their power. You quote the bible which has it's roots from the very organization you condemn... unless you honestly belief the "Word" of God" needed revision by English clergy to accommodate their politics.

If you want to quote anything remotely close to "The Bible"; read the Aramaic Bible, not something written a few hundred years ago.
Yes Ron, 325 A.C. and the statement they come out with is like a green card, even lawyers could not have done it better. Jewism for Non-jews nicely packed.

cheers
Hans
In saying that the Catholic church has a history of bloodshed is not condemning a billion people, people can and do change, but it does raise questions as to why people who say they want peace follow an obviously bloodthirsty organization? Using Jesus’ own formula at Matthew 7:16-20 about recognizing false prophets, if a tree (comparable to the church) puts forth rotten fruitage is this hard to recognize? Would not anyone who truly wanted peace begin to look elsewhere?
As far as your comments on the translating of the bible Ron I am not entirely sure your point? True, parts of the bible was originally written in Aramaic, so any complete bible in Aramaic would be a translation also. The Aramaic Targum being a translation of Hebrew. But surely you do not think God would only make His word available only to those who read Hebrew or Aramaic? How would the rest of mankind get to know God’s word?
As far as your comments about “you are quoting is a very selected collection of work that a group of Jewish and Roman counselors under the watch of Helena and Constantine edited to console their power”, you are mistaken, as any research into bible translating will reveal. Thanks, Dennis
I didn't take exception to you saying the Catholic Church has a history of bloodshed. I agree with that. I took exception to the condemnation of "Catholics". Huge difference between condemning the politics and policies of the Vatican vs condemning all catholics past and present.

I don't compare the whole of Catholicism to one tree. Strange and very limited concept of billions of souls as one tree? .

You are confusing 'God's word' with what small groups put out as their truth.

And it humors me whenever anyone uses the bible to prove the validity of the Bible. Which version
of the bible you want to trust the soul and truth of the Cosmos to? Which version of the bible is the true version? And then anyone else using any other version of the bible than the one you approve of is also wrong?

Go back to the teachings of Christian communities before the Roman Caesar Constantine and his mother 'reformed' them. You put your faith into the authority of a Roman Caesar and his mother. That's ok too; but you aren't following Christ :-) the texts of Dead Sea Scrolls, the Gospels of the other Apostles that were eliminated by Constantine are part of Christianity.

But, in the final analysis; it's important to simply follow Christ's teaching; love God, love your neighbor.

If you somehow consider condemning billions of people as loving them; you are following a Christ I don't recognize.
You say that you do not take exception with the fact that the Catholic Church has a history of bloodshed, but one should not condemn those that follow the church teaching? I am sorry Ron I do not follow that reasoning?
Consider what Jesus said at Luke 6:39-40- “A blind man cannot guide a blind man, can he? Both will tumble into a pit, will they not? 40 A pupil is not above his teacher, but everyone that is perfectly instructed will be like his teacher”.

If people go to church and are taught by the church, and follow the teaching of that church, how can they not be like the church? Is it not because The Catholic Church teaches, by word and example, that war is acceptable, that her followers go to war and kill one another?

You say to quote your words: “Go back to the teachings of Christian communities before the Roman Caesar Constantine and his mother 'reformed' them. You put your faith into the authority of a Roman Caesar and his mother. That's ok too; but you aren't following Christ :-) the texts of Dead Sea Scrolls, the Gospels of the other Apostles that were eliminated by Constantine are part of Christianity”.

I am not sure the point you are trying to make? I think that if you do some research you will find that Constantine had little to do with Bible translation, but he did influence (mostly in the Catholic Church) Church doctrine. I did not bring up or support any Translation over another Ron, you did. I do not care what Translation you use, I compare them all, you can still arrive at the fact that Jesus did not teach for Christians to go to war.

This is what early church history shows also. “A careful review of all the information available goes to show that, until the time of Marcus Aurelius [Roman emperor from 161 to 180 C.E.], no Christian became a soldier; and no soldier, after becoming a Christian, remained in military service.”—The Rise of Christianity (London, 1947), E. W. Barnes, p. 333.
“We who were filled with war, and mutual slaughter, and every wickedness, have each through the whole earth changed our warlike weapons,—our swords into ploughshares, and our spears into implements of tillage,—and we cultivate piety, righteousness, philanthropy, faith, and hope, which we have from the Father Himself through Him who was crucified.”—Justin Martyr in “Dialogue With Trypho, a Jew” (2nd century C.E.), The Ante-Nicene Fathers (Grand Rapids, Mich.; reprint of 1885 Edinburgh edition), edited by A. Roberts and J. Donaldson, Vol. I, p. 254.
“They refused to take any active part in the civil administration or the military defence of the empire. . . . it was impossible that the Christians, without renouncing a more sacred duty, could assume the character of soldiers, of magistrates, or of princes.”—History of Christianity (New York, 1891), Edward Gibbon, pp. 162, 163.
So, again, I say the Catholic Church does not teach what even the early Church taught, does it? If the followers of the Church go to war, they are not following the early church either, are they?

So, I have no argument with your conclusion that as true Christians one should love his neighbor as themselves. I have never said otherwise, have I? My argument is that you can not be a true Christian while not loving your neighbor, so if you are following the teaching of a church that teaches you to go to war, I am sorry you are not a true follower of Jesus. Everyone that “claims” to be a Christian is not, unless they are obedient to Jesus’ commandments. Jesus said at John 14:15: “If YOU love me, YOU will observe my commandments;”, and at 14:21: He that has my commandments and observes them, that one is he who loves me. In turn he that loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will plainly show myself to him”.

1John 3:10-12 says: “The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother. 11 For this is the message which YOU have heard from [the] beginning, that we should have love for one another; 12 not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother. And for the sake of what did he slaughter him? Because his own works were wicked, but those of his brother [were] righteous”.

If you are following the assumption that one does not have to live his life by true Christian principles, which include not killing, then I am afraid that you are following a Christ that I do not recognize.
In rereading your post Ron, I would like to comment on one other thing you say, which is that you find it amusing that people use the Bible to prove the Bible. I do not find in my posts where I attempted to do that? However, one has to look at the Bible to establish what the Bible teaches, do you not? It is widely taught and believed in Christendom that the Bible means whatever you interpret it to mean. In other words no one way of doctrine is right or wrong, and no way of living one’s life is right or wrong, it just depends on how you interpret the Bible, and particularly Jesus’ teaching. So if one believes this then you can argue that there is no right/wrong religion, and then if you carry this thought out, you can argue that there is really no right/wrong way to live one’s life, because it is open to interpretation. What are we left with? No one really is left with any responsibility to God are they? So, one almost has to ask, if this were true what’s the point of the Bible?

You seem to indicate that you think that there are no accurate Bible translations available today, or from the time of Constantine, which would also mean then that for those today interested in what Jesus accurately taught they would have no way of knowing? Could this be true? Would God leave Generations of people in the dark, so to speak, as to how they should serve Him, if there was one particular way? When the Bible says at 2 Timothy 3:16 that; “All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work”, does it mean just first century Christians? The God who has the power to create all things, does not have the power or means, to protect His word for all generations of mankind to benefit from? Or could it be there is another answer?

Consider Jesus’ words at John 8: 42-47 where he was talking to some of the religious leaders, Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me? He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

Jesus did not say, you are religious leaders so you must be right, did he? No, but Jesus indicated that there is religious truth, and there are religious lies put forth by Satan. Who benefits from the lies? Obviously Satan does because if people listen to the lies they are kept from God. When the bible says at 1John 5:19: “We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one”, would it not stand to reason that the world would be full of religious lies designed to keep man from the true teaching of God’s word? And, is this not what the bible says, 2Corinthins 4: 3-4 saying: “If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through”.

So, paying applying Jesus’ words, would it be wise to just except the teachings of religious leaders today without checking them out to see if they are truthful? 1John 4:1 say: “Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world”. How do we test them? Acts 17:11 says: of those in Thessalonica, “….for they received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so”. Should we do any less if we want the truth?

According to the New Living Translation (check any bible you want to though), Ephesians 4:1-6 says: “Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love. Always keep yourselves united in the Holy Spirit, and bind yourselves together with peace. We are all one body, we have the same Spirit, and we have all been called to the same glorious future. There is only one Lord, one faith, one baptism and there is only one God and Father, who is over us all and in us all and living through us all. So, no, every teaching is not truth, and truth does not mean many things. There is a true church, a true doctrine, one true way for a Christian to live their lives, they just need to search the bible and keep weeding out the churches that put forth rotten fruit until they find the one that has good fruitage.

I like the way the way the New Living Translation puts Matthew 7:21-23: "Not all people who sound religious are really godly. They may refer to me as 'Lord,' but they still won't enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The decisive issue is whether they obey my Father in heaven. On judgment day many will tell me, 'Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Go away; the things you did were unauthorized”

In His sermons and parables, Jesus seeks to shock us out of our selfishness and worldliness and create in us a true passion for the welfare of our fellow men, women and children around the World. Universal Love is at the very heart of Jesus' teachings; it is God's earthly work for Us.
What matters to God is our Love for Him and our Love for each other. Wealth, power and status count for nothing in the Kingdom of God. When we truly Love our neighbors, we do our part to make the World a Better place, and we find our Own Fulfillment in Life.

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service