Views: 892

Replies to This Discussion

I like Charlie Drake, looking forward to watching these... :))
Love the last two vids of yours, Sue.
Good :))
Anyone remember this ?.............................................................

The most famous Hamlet cigar advert from about 1989 with Gregor Fisher (Rab C Nesbitt).
We used to have some great adverts... Joan Colins and Martini.... the Smash aliens... what's happened to all the advertising guys brains.

Love the clip..... it will be funny for eternity.... LOL
You're right. Thinking went into those early ads. I remember the airplane Martini ad with J.C. and Leonard Rossiter. They were a hoot, those advertisements.

Everything's so uniform and bland. Just look at the television schedules for B.B.C. 1 and ITV 1 each Sat/Sun. Or the music industry as shown by the Top Twenty. Like I say, it's all the same. No real individuality. Same goes for clothes shops. You can walk the length of Oxford Street and not realise that the shops have different names. It's just all so alike from one window to the next.

Bring back the '60's an' '70's, that's what I say, m'dear.
We certainly seem to be treated like dim wits nowadays.... everything is dumbed down.

There is some good stuff on the TV, but you have to dig deep.

It's all big brands and no room for self expression for the masses.... or you don't fit in.

It would be interesting to bring back the 60's and 70's.... I of course am too young to remember both of those eras... LOL
If you say so...................Peter Pan still flyin' about around your place is he ?
Although I must say, the Japanese are certainly able to come up with innovative ideas, sometimes they verge on the cookie/oddball avenues, but they do know about individuality and 'New'.
We used to watch the Game Show that was from Japan, something Castle, they were crazy, but they always were smiling.

I watched a good programme the other evening about dogs, I don't recall the name of it, but it was good tv.

Les told me about Black Books, that's good, and The Big Bang Theory too.... but most of it is tosh I will agree there.

Bring on the Wall..... well that is for the seriously dumbed down brain.... those who have given up wanting to think altogether.

Have you seen Avatar yet..... ? There is so much talk about it, I've not, I will wait until it comes out on video. I'm not keen on cinemas... thought we are lucky enough to have two small ones not that far from us, if they are still there that is, one in Oxted and one in Reigate, they are not these big multi screen places, just small privately owned twee picture houses.

There used to be a cinema in Purely, I remember taking Ross there, but I don't think it's been open for years now.

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service