Friday 02/01/09 Peace Café III مقهى السلام 3

Many doubted that Israelis and Palestinians (and Internationals) can meet in time of war.

on Friday 02/01/09 we showed we can, and now is time for people to build the change in relationship.

The Associated Press and Reuters sent a video crew who filmed our peacemakers sharing themselves and their commitment to peace. we also been honored by Marc Gopin Director of the Center on Religion, Diplomacy and Conflict Resolution at George Mason University's Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution. and Gershon Baskin Co-Director and founder of the Israel/Palestine Center for Research and Information (IPCRI) - a joint Israeli-Palestinian public policy think. Gershon initiated the founding of IPCRI

We feel fortunate for this coverage and hope that AP and Reuters will show our Peace Café to the world. In listening circles and tables, we discussed Gaza, how we can help, and what we can do to develop leaders for peace. We met, we cried, we laughed, we ate lunch together: pitas, humus and falafel... Our conversations were charged, emotional and respectful. At this sensitive time, we showed we care and love one another. Hiba Hamzeh and Moad Arqouv leaded the organizing event, and to Rahel, Anas and Costa for helping.

We honor all the peacemakers who overcame roadblocks, checkpoints and fears. We remember the condition on Gaza and prayed for relief.

I hope we have videos soon

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, We, Can!!!

Thank you for showing each other and the world
Yes you can
Yes we can
Yes it can be done
You started the year 2009 the best way imaginable
Bless you
Thank you friends.
Peace is Good Will in Action.
Go on it's fine. Happy and peaceful new year.
Neri, I am thankful for the Virutal Communities of Ipeace.me and mepeace.org for letting me become part of a real community at the Peace Cafe.

We saw there that "fighting" neighbors of good will, Palestinians and Israelis, can bridge gaps that some of our "more objective" friends of the International community only broaden.

I look forward to the next event..and to ongoing contact with my new friends from Idna and Beit Oumar (real neighbors of mine, just minutes away from my home)
Please tell us, How we could help, what is you are in need, what the message to bring in my country (Greece). My heart stays with you friends, my soul too. Dimitris

Dear friends of Peace
So very beautiful, thank you for sharing.

Love
I really like those picture and hope that it will come peace over this area soon
Thanks Neri for posting up the photos. I am glad the Peace Cafe was a success.
slam
i won't be undermining but how could u define success ?? is getting along in a cafe would stop the fires turning on both sides now ? maybe it would but sure on the long run ,,,wt about now?....would one side step forward and offer help to the other side,,,you tell me,
Raising awareness in this way is a positive thing to do. Writing letters of protest and suggestions of possible solutions to those in charge of these nations and this conflict would be a more effective thing to gather up and mail out while at one of these think tanks. Is there a person or a group of people that can approach the leaders of this conflict and propose solutions, reach them, get them to talk to each other? There's a spiritual leader, named Keishu-sama with the Shinnyo-en order who did just that, got enemies to sit civilly in a room together and talk.
We will have videos for the event, we will post them for all of you as soon as we get them, and hope that next events you will be with us in person.

Peace

Hiba Hamzeh
www.mepeace.org

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service