In Greek myths, Chiron was the wisest of the Centaurs and the archetype of the Wounded Healer

He was accidentally wounded by an arrow that had been dipped in the blood of the Hydra

In his search for his own cure, he discovered how to heal others

In teaching others the healing arts, he found a measure of solace from his own pain

The Wounded Healer understands what the patient feels because he has gone through the same pain

The suffering patient can be cared for by the Healer and be instrumental in the Healers own healing

Each encounter between Healer and patient can be transforming for both

The lesson of Chiron teaches us is that we can overcome pain and transcend into knowledge

That each of us can become a Wounded Healer

Humanity Healing is putting together a worldwide Holistic Directory to help those in need find you.

http://humanityhealing.ning.com/page/...

©2009 Humanity Healing. Partial Rights Reserved.

Views: 375

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks,Sista' joni ! I think so too..I think in some ways I see you ,me,gunilla,kenneth, all in our own ways, as Wounded Healers. We take what we've experienced,learned..and help others to Heal. There is a great deal to discuss,ponder on this particular subject. Thought this best place,as any to start it. Am going to add maybe on TCW & WCAS?? whatcha' think?
"That each of us can become a Wounded Healer"

thank you for you comment Al my Dear friend..

Strengthening the Immune System

There is a simple but powerful self-healing meditation that you can do whenever you feel the need to boost your immune system. It is particularly effective if used when you feel the first symptoms of an illness, but it also works with illnesses that are already entrenched if you use it at frequent intervals and with an intense focus. It will also counteract any disruption of your energy field by some form of negativity. It is not a substitute, however, for the moment-to-moment practice of being in the body; otherwise, its effect will only be temporary. Here it is.

When you are unoccupied for a few minutes, and especially last thing at night before falling asleep and first thing in the morning before getting up, "flood" your body with consciousness. Close your eyes. Lie flat on your back. Choose different parts of your body to focus your attention on briefly at first: hands, feet, arms, legs, abdomen, chest, head, and so on. Feel the same life energy inside each of those parts as intensely as you can. Stay with each part for fiftenn seconds or so.

Then let you attention run through the body like a wave a few times, from feet to head and back again. This need only take a minute or so. After that, feel the inner body in its totality, as a single field of energy. Hold that feeling for a few miniutes.

Be intensely present during that time, present in every cell of your body.

Don't be concerned if the mind occasionally succeeds in drawing your attention out of the body and you lose yourseff in some thought. As soon as you notice that this has happened, just return your attention to the inner body.

by Eckhart Tolle from Practicing the Power of Now.
I sometimes get just a wee bit um 'pissy" in part of this theory. Yes like joni my mind,thoughts,spirit,etc..Says "I am done with disease! "and I know All you wrote Wendy.
That does not change the health issues I have. I don't want them, didn't ask for them, assume is a reason or purpose for them,that I'm meant to experience. Is a bit of a touchy subject for me,as long as I've been dealing with physical pain & disability for people to say is all in the mind,or chose to be or Love will make u all better or be aware,blah blah & blah..is what I hear! Because no one knows what I already understand,know, am aware of or what I go threw every day just to manage the simplest of tasks!
Love ya Wendy xxx
I have a hard time with that part too....am impatient, and despite best intentions, some things just don't seem repairable through awareness alone...

Sorry babe...I hear you hun xxx
"I have a hard time with that part too....am impatient, and despite best intentions, some things just don't seem repairable through awareness alone"...Des

Dalai Lama says...." When we develop patience, we find that we develop a reserve of calm and tranquility. We tend to be less antagonistic and more pleasant to associate with. This creates a positive atmosphere around us and it is easy for others to relate to us. Better grounded emotionally through patience, we become stronger mentally and spiritually, and tend to be healthier physically"

"Remember" You are on a Shamanistic Journey/Path. "Time will Tell"

"Hang in there" My Brother!

Dear MH Al.. Wise words and so very True,yes I do agree ..
Hey sweet Wendy, am tired eyes but try briefly just to add,Yes I believe in reincarnation,have past life memories, possible genetic memory, much of ALL you wrote above I agree with and have known long time. One reason I started this discussion. I'm Highly intuitive,impath,bit of telepath,astral projection in sleep, dreams of things before happen, & communicating with animals..all since was a child,just didn't understand or know the right words..When very little girl,I thought every one did,lol Had no clue people thought it weird. Anyway my tired brain isn't up to such deep discussion at the moment. I read over all the replies ,i think? A lot would like to write in reply..perhaps tomorrow? After I rest.
I'm same with the word Love. I don't say it if don't mean it from the heart..luv yoo xx
That reminds me of a process I've experienced a LOT over the past year Wendy!

That feeling what others are feeling without being what others are being is something I've done many times now, simply moving deeply into the present moment whenever in "relationship" with someone else. The momentum of the other person's feeling's and emotions can go on for a while, but with intense presence, the fire of your own consciousness can alight the fires of consciousness in others, and can heal and transform a difficult transaction between two people into peace and deep stillness.

In saying that, you gotta keep practicing it so it works more often than not.

Likewise, we can also transmit and set alight the fires of conflct in another if we are unconscious.

Yes, I guess that intense presence, is LOVE...one and the same thing....
xoxox
Yup Wendy, ....me and Leah spoke about this - someone should (or perhaps they shouldn't) write about how this can be manipulated.

Its one of the few things I have learned, that I consider spiritual, that I KNOW really works.....I didn't invent it though....I learned it first from Eckart Tolle's book (the one above), and realised it worked whilst communicating with my sweet wifey2be on the phone across the atlantic..

I think it is Wendy.....to learn to think right....its a bloody hard slog though LOL
:):):)
Wendy "what we ourselves are thinking in any one moment can affect someone else who doesn't know (consciously) what we are thinking - but they will respond to it (unconsciously) Well,sometimes it is not unconsciously,I respond consciously,as well as projecting thought to someone, I do it all the time..often annoying my Dear Des and peeps closest to me because I cut them off in conversation with "I know" I already heard what you were going to say.or thinking. I'm quite aware how annoying this can be but at times is hard for me when conversing to let finish speaking when already know what they are going to say.
I don't do it negatively,but does affect me when others are negatively doing so,or around me,even on the net!
I'm working on it. Just letting finish with out interruption of "I know..i hear you already"
Sorry hunny Des,trying to work on that more :))

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service