The iPeace network now works and relies on the NING platform.  Until now, basic services were free and advanced services were not. David Califa established iPeace and used to pay directly for some NING services.  We are all grateful to David for that. 

On the iPeace front-page and in the sidebar of every page, David indicated that he was no longer prepared to finance iPeace.  The results of that are: 
  1. The discussion Does iPeace have a future after July 2010? talked about some of the issues.
  2. Donations listed in the Sidebar assure the continued existence of iPeace for at least three years @ US$210 per year.
  3. David has paid for and run iPeace until now as one would a business that one owns.
  4. For any future iPeace to be viable, iPeace cannot depend on any one person.
  5. Some still active members want to maintain the site but only if responsibilities and the administration workload are shared by some active members who can and do communicate well with each other .

Is the above a fair summary of where we are now?

Views: 606

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

4. Some still active members want to maintain the site but only if responsibilities and the administration workload are shared by some active members who can and do communicate well with each other.

I personally feel this is where We are at now and how will this be accomplished?
I think that David must FIRST indicate whether and how he is prepared to share or perhaps even relinquish ownership. The $635 is enough for three years hosting at Ning and 3 years registration and redirection at a domain registry such as GoDaddy.com.
Yes Paul,
I think is good start for New Forum of where we are now.

Yes Al..4. Some still active members want to maintain the site but only if responsibilities and the administration workload are shared by some active members who can and do communicate well with each other.

Is agreed by many this is where WE are & myself personally..,is what is needed ,where things are now. Question : How will this be accomplished ?

Paul,
"I think that David must FIRST indicate whether and how he is prepared to share or perhaps even relinquish ownership?"
Yes Paul, This is the MAIN question for David Califa..that many are waiting in hopes of an answer to ,soon We hope.

How many members are presently on ipeace?

That's a very good question Bret..as the number was once about 22,000..now? Who knows for sure? I suppose only David C. may have the answer..?

peace x

Still 22,000 but not sure how many are active - this place used to be "jumpin!"....I mean it used to be a really "alive" place....I'm not on here much these days, but would be nice to see it all come alive again.

Des.

How do you know that,Des ? The member number listed,has not been changed since so many people have left iPeace..deleted profiles,etc. Some have returned,some new members,a lot have been spammers..

so where did you get the info. that still remains at 22,000?

Yes,  like many others, I wish to see iPeace "jumping" with activity again. So much going on around the world,little  discussions about any of it that I can find anyway?? I'm not here much anymore either. I do check in regularly,looking for any new content,discussions,friends..etc..but,sadly not much happening on here theses days.

I want to feel this way again..here on iPeace,I do FEEL the peace people,the love,the Hope..every day. It's Here,it's everywhere :)

I dunno Leah...I just looked at the page called Peace People and it said 21,693. Am usually the only person on here on the rare occassion I login - am hardly ever on here or on facebook...

Don't have much time these days plus being indoors here on the pc in Bangkok isn't easy...the climate is tropical here and extremely hot most of the time, but luckily its not so humid...but I have 3 months vacation startin in a weeks time so will have some free time on my hands, mind you...am not plannin on spendin it  on ipeace LOL...but more likely on a beach somewhere...anyone wanna join me???

Hola Leah...how have you been?

Des

THANK YOU PAUL :)
Paul, you have some nerve.

"David has run iPeace until now as one would a business that one owns."

If I ran it like a business, I'd be making money long time ago

and no, people did not donate enough for 3 years. It costs at least 500$ to keep it online for one year.
Yes David, I do have nerve AND I do not work FOR you.

None of the members or volunteers here work for you, David!

I think that up till now I have worked effectively WITH those active here. I have also tried very hard to work with you.

IF the site is really saved and is really revived, then The Rolls Royce option MAY be warranted. My view NOW is that The Rolls Royce option is not warranted now.
As iPeace has always been ran with sufficient bandwidth, ad free and flexibilty in design, so it will be in the future. The cost of Ning Pro is 50$ per month or 500$ for a year in advance. This will be the program that iPeace will run on for the next year.

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service