The iPeace network now works and relies on the NING platform. Until now, basic services were free and advanced services were not. David Califa established iPeace and used to pay directly for some NING services. We are all grateful to David for that.
On the iPeace front-page and in the sidebar of every page, David indicated that he was no longer prepared to finance iPeace. The results of that are:
- The discussion Does iPeace have a future after July 2010? talked about some of the issues.
- Donations listed in the Sidebar assure the continued existence of iPeace for at least three years @ US$210 per year.
- David has paid for and run iPeace until now as one would a business that one owns.
- For any future iPeace to be viable, iPeace cannot depend on any one person.
- Some still active members want to maintain the site but only if responsibilities and the administration workload are shared by some active members who can and do communicate well with each other .
Is the above a fair summary of where we are now?