The iPeace network now works and relies on the NING platform.  Until now, basic services were free and advanced services were not. David Califa established iPeace and used to pay directly for some NING services.  We are all grateful to David for that. 

On the iPeace front-page and in the sidebar of every page, David indicated that he was no longer prepared to finance iPeace.  The results of that are: 
  1. The discussion Does iPeace have a future after July 2010? talked about some of the issues.
  2. Donations listed in the Sidebar assure the continued existence of iPeace for at least three years @ US$210 per year.
  3. David has paid for and run iPeace until now as one would a business that one owns.
  4. For any future iPeace to be viable, iPeace cannot depend on any one person.
  5. Some still active members want to maintain the site but only if responsibilities and the administration workload are shared by some active members who can and do communicate well with each other .

Is the above a fair summary of where we are now?

Views: 606

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For a long time initially, many members felt that iPeace was special. Very special. Some still do.

Yes ... I also felt I was special. So I also spent many hours here. But two years have passed and I see that we did anything real for peace. We did not manage to join us who have decision-making in government.

There are 2.510 others Ning networks containing the word "peace" :
http://www.ning.com/search?sf=nb&q=peace

And outside Ning there are also millions who strive for peace. But you get into those sites and see that everyone does the same: images are left to each other. No more.

And peace does not arrive.

I wonder if it is more intelligent and useful to spend this time with children affected by Chernobyl or hosting Saharawi children. With $ 500 you can sponsor more than two children per year in: http://www.fundacionvicenteferrer.org/en/ .... (for example)

Dear Ayla
such good thoughts, well expressed.
I keep looking in on iPeace hoping to see that there is a direction, a breakthrough from the administration (that is only one person from what I can see).

I had spent so much time trying to keep this place afloat, that now I want more!
There are those who say "let it be, enjoy what you have and don't think about it".
What my intuition tells me, is that I need assurance that we have strong roots here....and it doesn't seem like it would take so much to get a team together. So many had shown interest in the past.

And right now I am feeling that the few people who are most connected to this site presently have different feelings about what is necessary, from building an administration, to finding old members, to communicating with the creator of the site, to attracting new members.
The surprising and ironic thing, is that people don't even know that iPeace is back online! Considering Facebook and internet in general, is it that difficult to let people know?
Ayla,

At worst, iPeace enabled many people to meet some like-minded others they would not have met otherwise. That alone, in my book is a good thing. Other examples are:
  1. Tthe existence iPeace helped Gordon reach many with that Global We initiative.
  2. Many Kiva Loans have been initiated by members.
  3. And so on.

The best may be yet to come... It is just up to US.

"And"

Ok, friends .... good luck to everyone. Hugs from Spain.

In my 2yrs HERE I have seen amazing personal growth in positive directions in so very very many, including myself. iPeace helped me renew my faith in humanity. As a 20yr activist only seeing,feeling & dealing with all the horrors in the world can make a person very disheartened & loose faith in the goodness of people. I can never be able to explain or describe all I have shared here with so many & have shared with me,became my home & family.My Global Community...
YES many important issues that need addresed,worked on,worked out
,truth is peace DOES start from with in..grows outwardly from each and every life touched,even if ever so briefly.
iPeace gave us a Global platform to do this & we DID,even if many or DC couldn't see it!!! It was there,why I fought so hard to keep us ALL together.
Well this has changed,as Al says "time will tell"..will ipeace be here for another year? As we are now told..we were told this before and DC closed down and came back online to let this site die a sad death..then Hey,guess what..
Nope ,says will keep a year longer..humm..well we shall see.
As far as any Admin ,well I don't believe this EVER will be allowed here. I won't go into all the details here or anywhere.
Trust is gone,I take each day as it comes. I observe..I watch,read..
I wonder why when David restored All the groups that I was removed,banned(as was Des) from the Welcome Team?? Now I don't see a Welcome Team group at all??
Maybe I just missed it on the home page?
For anyone interested I am the Facebook ipeace fan page Admin. with it's creator ( not D.C.)
I have not yet updated the fan page that ipeace.ning is back ..for a year. Until I am certain it will remain so. Though I will write a note with site address is online for all who may not Know.

Peace and much Love xx

iPeace will go on, even if THIS PARTICULAR SITE must fold up.

i have seen it before when forums collapse. the people who make real connections

and real friendships, they put it up again elsewhere.  it's like what Jeezis said,

if you tear down this foundation, know ye not that i will raise another

?

but yeah, Ning seem sort of venal and cash oriented

and such people in the past have rarely been TRUE friends of peace,

in fact have been sabotaging and cold towards antiwar activists.

it's a learning process. but to be active and creative against war is GOOD.

Yes ,Marques De Valia,I agree.

We are everywhere,We are connecting & connected,all over the World. Uniting -with compassion,caring,dialog,events and.. 

"May We  humans become more responsible, wise and loving and may there be electrifying changes in the world that uplifts the whole planet and makes our beloved Earth a beacon for Hope,Harmony, Peace,Love and Joy ♥ throughout the galaxy."

of course

the thing that always ruins groups devoted to a cause

is the

attitude that it's a business and not what we are

doing out of love.

capitalism is the means of the

enemies of peace, anyway,

the military industrial complex.

on the other hand

sincerely people devoted to peace can EASILY accomplish that meager goal

which is not millions or even a thousand, but $210/mo?

the people who really care about each other and have their mental lights on -- i. e., the more enlightened ones,

will figure out a way.  and if this thing goes down...

archive.org will have the important things in six weeks.  people should

save their contacts.

in the caches there are conversations

a lot of people despise the Ning administrators for the dirty trick they pulled in march/april 2009

cutting loose those they had lured in with free service.  in the street the dirty trick is done by heroin salesman,

they offer potential addicts a little taste, and then when they are hooked,

the extortionary tactics begin, just as ning did.

---

i know of a couple of people who started new sites with no-cost hosts

kept socially networking and abandoned Ning altogether

so while this place offers some features

if people want this to go on and can't raise the e-cash, it's still possible to do...

it maybe should already have a mirror at some forum hosting thing like jelsoft

or even Yahoo...who offer no-cost groups at groups.yahoo.com

of course

the thing that always ruins groups devoted to a cause

is the

attitude that it's a business and not what we are

doing out of love.

capitalism is the means of the

enemies of peace, anyway,

the military industrial complex.

on the other hand

sincerely people devoted to peace can EASILY accomplish that meager goal

which is not millions or even a thousand, but $210/mo?

the people who really care about each other and have their mental lights on -- i. e., the more enlightened ones,

will figure out a way.  and if this thing goes down...

archive.org will have the important things in six weeks.  people should

save their contacts.

in the caches there are conversations

a lot of people despise the Ning administrators for the dirty trick they pulled in march/april 2009

cutting loose those they had lured in with free service.  in the street the dirty trick is done by heroin salesman,

they offer potential addicts a little taste, and then when they are hooked,

the extortionary tactics begin, just as ning did.

---

i know of a couple of people who started new sites with no-cost hosts

kept socially networking and abandoned Ning altogether

so while this place offers some features

if people want this to go on and can't raise the e-cash, it's still possible to do...

it maybe should already have a mirror at some forum hosting thing like jelsoft

or even Yahoo...who offer no-cost groups at groups.yahoo.com

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service