Please leave as much here as you can. The more I see and read, teaches.

The histury of London is not only a hobby, but also, a Love or, maybe a little nearer to Reality would be for me to say, a Passion.......

..........So, post as much as Time allows....The more obscure, the more cherished...............

Onwards and Upwards.......................

Views: 533

Replies to This Discussion

More on Big Ben & St. Stephen's Tower..........
The building described as the London Aquarium was once home of County Hall....much more on that another day, unless anyone wants to save me the trouble. Ssiiiigggghhhhhhhhh !

And...................................sorry for the ad., at the start....It's just, this woman speaks so nicely I wanted her to tell the story....Such is Life and the cross one bears, huh ?
They are amazing fireworks.
The sound of Big Ben always makes me think of New Years Eve.

She does have a lovely voice.

I don't remember the little Big Ben, but I would not, it was not there when I was visiting London every day, though I do recall the piece of pavement from Victoria Mainline Station to the entrance to the tube very well, having walked it hundreds of times.
There is little difference today, 40 years later, in these streets. The shops are still there (maybe ownership changes, of course), as are the buildings...............................Fabulous !..
Really nice watching this vid, do you know where it was shot?

Lovely to see the old cars, especially the A30/35. My parents first car was an A30 or A35, I can't remember which, we have one in our garage now, a friend gave it to my son 15 years ago for him to play with, it's so sweet, when you lift up the bonnet the engine is so small and simple it looks as though half of it's missing.

"The Plank" was filmed on the street of Kingston I think, well that's what it said on the side of on of the trucks, I expect all those streets are still the same.
All the streets are west of Tottenham Court Road....Fitzroy Street, Gt. Portland Street, Cavendish Street, that area. Even parts of Seymour Place...all around there is pretty much the same, plus Harley Street, Langham Place, where you worked Sue....nothing's really altered anywhere in that environ.

Money don't talk, it swears, as Bob Dylan once wrote. And there is plenty of it around that part of London...QED...nothing alters and their life remains firmly insular. Not touched by the sordid outside World...Wish I had the cash to live there.

I love the idea of the car and its' twee little engine........

Noddy (Noddy) The little man with the red and yellow car.
Noddy (Noddy) His tinkling bell means he's the happiest little fellow in all Toyland.
There's Big Ears and Teddy and Mr. Plod and all his special friends.
He sets out on adventures then he'll take you home again.
Noddy. (Noddy) Noddy. Noddy.
Noddy (Noddy) The little man with the red and yellow car.
Noddy (Noddy) His tinkling bell means he's the happiest little fellow in all Toyland.
There's Big Ears and Teddy and Mr. Plod and all his special friends.
He sets out on adventures then he'll take you home again.
NOw its time for noddy to wave and say goodbye
hes tired and sleepy and nodding his head
hes ready to curl himself up in bed
and see what tomorrow brings
oh noddy noddy noddy noddy
*giggle* ..........................
Great Bob Dylan quote :)

Zimmerman doesn't have quite the same ring to it as Dylan, it was a good move to change his name. Have to say I'm not a big fan of Dylan Thomas's work though.
Posted and made by a Percy!
:)
Neil Gaiman is a crazy writer. It was the trippiest, craziest, most out of the world thing you could ever read, I can't begin to describe the story. But the writing is on par with WEB Grifen and he tells the story kinda like Joseph Heller. But the ideas and settings are just a reality that you could never have imagined, just real crazy. The way I want to describe it........... the way a crazy hallucenagenic would be.

He has another book out thats more like a long sentence that goes with trippy artwork by some famous trendy japanese chick.. it's really cool.

The right writer, Devi ?................Not exactly, English, so to speak, but cool none the less.
So, so sorry Devi, he IS an English writer. I was thinking of someone else................Still like his books. He's also a novelist and film maker, right ?..........Not just graphic novels ?..........Won a few awards ?....Sandman ?

Sorry, again.x

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service