Retro_styli_A Pictures, Images and Photos

Views: 1197

Replies to This Discussion

You know the one on the left, Mike McGear, is Paul McCartney's brother ?....He altered his name so as not to intrude, nor be helped by, Paul's fame.......................Roger McGough in the centre is a well loved poet, and has a programme, Radio4, Sunday avvo, 'Poetry Please'. The other 'nutter', John Gorman was part of a cult television prog., TisWas......................and still writes and performs comic nonsense !.........Great number by the way, Heart....................as with Lily the Pink !
You are a mine of information Percy....

Paul and his brother Mike

Paul and Mike Pictures, Images and Photos
Sorry, but I can turn into a geek...my alter-ego !..DO let me know if it becomes too much, though, huh !
There is nothing wrong with geek chic, I'm a real geek when it comes to horses :) Do you want to know anything?

Oasis come from Manchester and Liam the lead singer (usually) sings with his Manchester accent as does his brother Noel.
FANTASTIC, Heart.........................if it hadn't been for Lonnie, music would not've entered areas it eventually did, over here in the U.K.....He was as influential as the Beatles (and that, for me, is really saying something !), and many highly respected musicians say the same......Also. his insight was tremendous....He still performed until his death a couple of years back, and, his last movement, in his 80's, on stage, ie. his last performance a day, I believe, before his passing from us, was a back-flip as he left the stage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...HATS OFF, LONNIE !!

............Not forgetting Chris Barber, a wonderful jazzband leader, and the man who suggested to Lonnie, he leave the band and go out on his own. For a while he was still playing with Chris's group until the pull of the public wanting more of him became too great, and he left....and the rest's History, as they say..........Thanks, Heart.x...............
I used to watch Lonnie on the box, he looks just like my Dad, or my Dad looks just like him!

My name is Sue......... mother of FF, who also goes my the name of Sophie.

Loving all the information who are giving us, thank you.
Hello Sue, and I caught Sophie's name yesterday when Leah, sort of, let the 'cat out of the bag'............It's obvious that your 'Inner' runs a direct path through, lovely, Sophie. I shall keep my nom de plume, if you don't feel offended. I prefer the anonimity....Just a little quirk of mine..............maybe we should exchange, I certainly suit, Freak Face, or 'mind', as my Buddies would like to have it (but you know what they say, Sue........When you have Friends and Neighbours you're the Richest man in the World !!......Yeh, right !), and Sophie is a wonderful Dreamweaver (Percy's not real, either, but, Percy ?...No, that wouldn't do at all, haha)......................

Hope this is ok for you.........................
...'cos it is for me................I loooovvvveee the Small Faces (and the super-duper, Pat 'P.P.' Arnold, too)..............................x.
The Small Faces are one of my all time favorites. I went to see them at Streatham Ice Rink in the late 60's.

Lazy Sunday Afternoon.........
There was a club in Oxford Street, TILES, and they had lunchtime gigs. Well, the S.F. were meant to appear on one evening gig and didn't show, one lunchtime gig, and didn't show.....The third lunchtime 'no show' was a little too much for a bunch of pilled-out young Mods....The rest, as they say is history....Never did get to see them, you're the lucky one out of this little dialogue, I can tell ya !

But these guys I've seen loads and had a coupla fun turn-outs with Mooney when I was around 15-ish, at the Marquee Club, Wardour Street (If my Mum new what I was doing ie. not at my pal Brian's, but at the club she would have locked me in a cupboard and read me ghost stories while forcing senapods down me.....I would never be allowed out, alone, again without the Household Cavalry to keep me in check !!)........................

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service