Retro_styli_A Pictures, Images and Photos

Views: 1197

Replies to This Discussion

Great video Percy.... I have never seen then live, you were lucky.

I went to see a group, I am don't remember who they were, isn't that terrible, I think it was Yes, Led Zepplin or Pink Flyod, I remember where it was though, the Greyhound in Croydon, 1972ish.

Your Mum sounds a good Mum to me. My Mum always thought I was up to something when I wasn't!

My Uncle Charlie was in the Household Cavalry, he might have been the one called to keep an eye on you!!!!!!
Yeh, well I maybe could've said I know you and there may've been a little leniency ?

The Greyhound...There's another story...Loved going there !

That's Mums for ya.

.........Anyhow, this is a music page so I had better earn my 'keep'................
..................I've posted this before on iPeace, so, apologies if you've watched it already...............Although it's 'Jewish' women, it's an English video of English Jewesses, so is ok on here..................It may be my inbreed Jewish affiliations, it may be the music or it may be the beautiful women, ooooorrrrrrrrrrr, all three, but I just love this.....................................

...................This is here so we can all 'ave a bop !...............

Byeee for now, might not be a visitor for a little while, but what a great time I've had..........................on a computer !!!????!!!!, and,"See you soon".x
A friend of mine had her pony molested, you would not believe what they did to the pony.

Some people hear an idea and go out and copy it, their brains must be wired wrong.
Yes, Sue, there are some evil people in this World of ours.

There's a donkey sanctuary just out towards Welling, Shooters Hill Road, Oxleas Woods, and 5-6 years back the donkeys were all mutilated and slaughtered !!!!..Evil, evil people..

....I hear and read of stories like yours and mine frequently, or rather, too frequently. There was a storyline in the Archers (Ok, ok, you can all stop laughing now, ok ?...Yeh, and that means you too, I can see ya !), that covered the same thing...It is all disgraceful....any wild, and domestic, animal should be allowed its' own Life. It should be allowed to live without trauma.
I have never heard the Jewish Women song before it's really good.

My Grandmother was Jewish, the one that lived with the Druid!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was one "hell" of a relationship!!!!!!!!!

Terrance's music is wonderful....... do you know where he is now and what he is doing?

"The Archers"...... I wished I had got hooked on that, but I've never heard one programme. Was hooked on Eastenders for years, but broke free about 5 years ago...... I could answer most questions it pre that time.

How people do such terrible things to animals boggles my mind, there is no word other than EVIL for them.

All our horses live as natural a life as possible, iron free (that means no shoes or bits), they live all together in a herd, out 24/7 with access to their stables if they want, but the only ever shelter in the woods. The ponies come into the house, Edwin. whose eye is my profile picture does not, he is too big and would be too scared to, though he often stands outside the french windows and looks as though he would like to venture in.

Sophie is really passionate about all that goes on in the "professional" horse world, all the abusive things that happen to the horses, she has written a brilliant blog about one aspect of it, she might post it here, I don't know if she will...... perhaps.

Hope your meeting goes well.

"Knowledge is power"... you are right, but only if the knowledge you are feed is correct........ if not it's less than worthless... until that knowledge enables you to see who the liars are. We are all deceived sometimes by the few, from grass root level to the very top. Open your eyes and make your own decisions I say, don't be a sheep (I like sheep, they are lovely) and decide for yourself what he real truth is.

Do you like classic films? I have posted Lili here on iPeace.
I'm not laughing Percy, I occasionally listen, listened everyday for a while but it tended to clash with feeding the horses!
Firstly, my meeting this morning went famously....that's your influences, the pair o' ya, thanks.....plus so much more, in a short space of Time, fell into place.......Cool, cool, cool..............
.......I was 'pencilled in', the other day for the Clapton/Jeff beck gig at the 02, next Feb. 13th, and now, I'm on it....Plus, I'm working on a Trade Show that takes me to Espania annnnnnnd, from tomorrow, it's go, go, go for an Advocacy for the mentally traumatised (?) venture I'm getting off the ground through/with an arts based mental health help charity, Cooltan (we've Lottery, Comic relief, Vodafone and, as from this a.m., HSBC are slingin' some cash our way.............nows it's M&S, the CO-OP and some ethical banking orgs plus, I hope that Orange and Virgin don't think they're gonna escape from Fagin's grasp, 'cos he's a-comin' !. And I've work that'll take me straight through to Trade Show time !...So a fruiful morn', and it's only 12.20....and time for this [iPeace] before I'm told-off when my Child Bride is home from work (she's a nurse at St. Thomas'), like yesterday, hehe...didn't stop me though, hehe, again !

So much to say to your posting, Sue...I'd have been enthralled to've met your two Grandparents, they must've been fascinating...A Jew and a Druid, Wow.......

I love your explanation re. your horses (that must be a dream, living with that around you), and your daughter's incredible in the way she writes in relation to horses, her empathy shines. As does her wisdom.
You must be very proud.

Shame on you, listen to Sophie, SHE knows about the Archers and how relevent the programme is to Society and our Planet (What did I just write ????).

You are so, so right in your reasoning regarding my, 'Knowledge is Power', statement. I couldn't agree more, and that brings me on to the internet and how one must KNOW what one is researching and be able to see which of the pieces one reads is correct. I find SO much written on sites that is inaccurate (at least with Wikipedia, the postings are alterable by anyone...which I feel I must do when I come across this stuff). The trouble being, as you are aware, I'm sure, people read these mistakes and from that point History begins, slowely, to alter....as this info passes along the 'food' chain, it's altered again and again...If one were to come back in 70 years time, the whole thing would bear little resemblance to the original fact.
Welcome to the World of Computers.

Nice choice of music after what you'd just written.

Yes, I do like those flicks, Genevive, being my fave.

And now, this is why I'm here......................
I think this fits on your daughters Group. It is English History and Music...By the by, the group in the guitar shop's the Swinging Blue Jeans, and also the gruop in the Cavern, 2.30 in. The writing on the wall gives a couple of respected Liverpool names, the Hideaways, the Riot Squad and the Cordes........Less GEEK, more vid.....

Plus......
................Dave Cark, a genius when it comes down to making money, a great foresight and understanding of the pop culture, cult and era, and how to use it to fill your bank account..............U.K. TV Special. Aug-31-67. The first film produced by Dave Clark's film production company Big 5 Films. A music, comedy, variety show featuring tons of DC 5 songs and cool psychedelic video footage. -- Here is another winner. -- Safe for our children's children please!..........................Annnddd, a fine drummer, if there is such a thing ?
CHILD~ "Mummy, Mummy, I wanna be a muscician, a drummer, when I grow up".

MAMA~ "Don't be silly, Son, you can't be both"..BOOM BOOM!!

.......The music............goes on....
Couldn't begin to tell you how many times I saw this bunch of tearaways !
Oh, and it was Ian McLagen, piano, that put me on to You Tube, before that I never even considered logging onto the site...........THANK YOU MAC. I owe ya.x
I was in the same year at school as Robert Oliver, who is Larry Olivers' younger brother, Larry was in New Seekers.......

http://www.lynpaulwebsite.org/NS-Oliver.htm

I knew Tony Hatch's sister, Jackie, I moved into a house as a replacement when she left, both Jackie and her husband Les were great fun to be with.

Good job you were only living with Billy for a short while, he might have corrupted you more than you have been already!!!!!

I like David Attenborough, but he just believes in Darwinism, that has so much missing from it, the missing link and all that. The more we find out the more doubts on that theory are being thrown up. We used to get National Geographical but stopped when it started to contain horrible images.

Good music, love Lulu and Alison.

I hope you don't get into trouble today from the Mrs!
You've a nerve, Sue......Corrupt !!!!.....Right, where's the carbolic ?...
...Talking of which, there's a pub just behind me (there always is !!), called the King's Arms, but locally it's the Carbolic !...This goes back years. They used to have a cleaner that would NOT stop using the stuff...the pub stank....she wouldn't be sacked, either. When they did, she still came to work every morning and continued to use the carbolic, was not being paid.....and was a 'nutter', quite frankly....Can you imagine ? It's what Stephen King's books thrive on....The pub could've made a fortune out of her, as a tourist site !
Sorry, Sue, you asked, but I forgot, about what T.T. D'arby's upto...Here's a resume that I had on my laptop......He changed his name for a start...
Here you are...From 'Geek' with Love.....................(Oh, did I mention, I buy/sell records...does it show.HoHo !)...............Only just remembered, the Yerence Trent D'arby vid...He's American...am I forgiven..."Sorry"............

Early life and career.......................

Sananda Maitreya was born in Manhattan, New York City, New York, in 1962, he grew up with his stepfather, Reverend James Benjamin Darby, a minister of the Pentecostal church and Frances Darby, a gospel singer,[2] teacher and counselor. D'Arby was known to childhood friends as Terry Darby. His family moved from New York to New Jersey to Chicago and then settled in DeLand, Florida, north of Orlando. A graduate of DeLand High School, he sang with the Modernaires, a show choir of high school.[citation needed]

Sananda Maitreya trained as a boxer in Orlando and won the Golden Gloves lightweight championship. He received an offer to attend boxing school in the United States Army, but his stepfather insisted he go to college instead. Maitreya enrolled at the University of Central Florida but quit a year later, enlisting in the U.S. Army. He was posted at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, and then served in the 3rd Armored Division, near Frankfurt, Germany.[2] He was formally discharged by the army in April 1983 after going absent without leave. While in Germany, he also worked with the band The Touch, releasing an album of material called Love On Time (1984). It was later re-issued in 1989 as Early Works after his worldwide success as a solo artist. In 1986 he left Germany for London, where he briefly played with the band he made, The Bojangels.
[edit] Fame as Terence Trent D'Arby

Sananda Maitreya's debut solo album, Introducing the Hardline According to Terence Trent D'Arby, released in 1987, is his best-known and, in commercial terms, most successful work. The album, which produced hits like "If You Let Me Stay", "Wishing Well", "Dance Little Sister", and "Sign Your Name", sold over a million copies in the first three days of its release, and its sales currently total over 13 million. The album also earned him a Grammy Award in March 1988 in the category Best R&B Vocal Performance, Male. In that same year, he earned a Soul Train Award nomination for Best New Artist.

His follow-up was the album Neither Fish Nor Flesh: A Soundtrack of Love, Faith, Hope & Destruction (1989). It sold over 2 million copies.

It took four more years and a move to Los Angeles until his next project, Symphony or Damn: Exploring the Tension Inside the Sweetness (1993) was released. The record explored some of the themes of Neither Fish Nor Flesh, and contains the singles "Delicate" and "She Kissed me". It gathered favorable reviews and was played widely on radio. It peaked at #4 on the UK Album Charts.

In 1995, Sananda Maitreya released Vibrator, which largely followed Symphony or Damn in its musical direction. It was well received, and also followed by a very successful world tour.

During the 1990s, the relations between him and his record label Columbia Records became strained, eventually leading to his departure in 1996. He moved to Java Records for one year in order to distribute his 5th project, initially called Terence Trent D'Arby's Solar Return which was not released. In 2000, he bought the rights to his unreleased album and left the record company as well as his dull management team, Lippman Entertainment. The collection of songs was then compiled into "WIlDCARD" a fantastic album that was released by the artist independently in 2002 and got international reviews and massive radio airplay. (source official artist MS page http://www.myspace.com/sanandamaitreya )

In 1999, Sananda Maitreya collaborated with INXS to replace his friend, late vocalist Michael Hutchence, so the band could play at the opening of facilities for the Sydney Olympics.
[edit] Later career as Sananda Maitreya

The artist adopted the name Sananda Maitreya, following a series of dreams and he legally changed his name to Sananda Maitreya on October 4, 2001. He proclaimed in an interview that "Terence Trent D'Arby was dead...he watched his suffering as he died a noble death", in what was perceived as an attempt to reinvent himself artistically and free himself from what he believed to be the oppressive nature of the record business.

In 2001, Maitreya moved back to Europe and Germany, resettling in Munich and starting his own independent record label, Treehouse Pub. The year also marked his first album release in six years, as the unreleased Terence Trent D'Arby's Solar Return was revamped into Wildcard. The album, which received a warm critical welcome, was at first available for free through his website, and later gained a commercial release through a one-album distribution deal with Universal Music.

In 2002, the now 40-year-old Maitreya moved to Milan, Italy, and began working on his next project, Angels & Vampires - Volume I. The songs were initially released through Weedshare, allowing the fans to get a glimpse of the work as it evolved. On July 29, 2005, the fully mastered album was finally released through his webshop utilizing the mp3 format.

In July 2005, Maitreya started working on Angels & Vampires - Volume II. He released each chapter online as soon as he finished recording the songs. On April 29, 2006, he released the fully finished and mastered album in his webshop. In 2009, the album Nigor Mortis: A Critical Mass was released on his official website.

Maitreya currently[update] lives in Milan, Italy where he continues to create music. Since the early stages of his music career he has always written, composed, arranged and produced all his tracks. In his later albums such as Angels & Vampires and Nigor Mortis he also played all instruments.
[edit] Film career

Sananda Maitreya has appeared in two films, as well as the TV mini-series Shake, Rattle and Roll where he played the part of Jackie Wilson. His music has also been included on several movie and television soundtracks, notably his version of the theme song of 1991's Frankie and Johnny, as well as having one of his songs featured prominently in the end credits of Beverly Hills Cop III, "Right Thing, Wrong Way", which he wrote and produced with Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis. Another of his songs, "What Shall I Do?", was also featured in an episode of the UPN television series Girlfriends. In 2007, three songs appeared on Judd Apatow's movie Knocked Up. In 2009 on the USA Network show "Psych" the two main Characters, Sean and Gus, sang an impromptu version of "Wishing Well" during the credits blooper reel shown at the end of each episode.
[edit] Collaborations

Sananda Maitreya was featured on "A Stronger Man", a dance single by Everything But The Girl's Ben Watt. He also duetted with Des'ree on the single "Delicate" from the album Symphony or Damn. In 2008, Nathan Jay remixed the song "As Yet Untitled" on "This Land Is Still My Home", from the album Virtually. He also did background vocals on Corey Hart's "Love and Money" track from his 1992 album Attitude & Virtue. Many international artists have covered his songs.

* 1987 - Introducing the Hardline According to Terence Trent D'Arby
* 1989 - Terence Trent D'Arby's Neither Fish Nor Flesh (A Soundtrack of Love, Faith, Hope & Destruction)
* 1993 - Terence Trent D'Arby's Symphony or Damn* (*Exploring the Tension Inside the Sweetness)
* 1995 - Terence Trent D'Arby's Vibrator
* 2001 - Wildcard (reissued in 2002 as Terence Trent D'Arby's Wildcard! - The Jokers' Edition)
* 2005 - Angels & Vampires - Volume I Only available through his Webshop
* 2006 - Angels & Vampires - Volume II Only available through his Webshop
* 2009 - Nigor Mortis Only available through his Website
SinglesYear Title Chart Positions[3]
Billboard Hot 100 U.S. R&B U.S. Dance Club Play U.S. Dance Maxi Singles U.S. Modern Rock UK Singles Chart
1987 "If You Let Me Stay" 68 19 47 26 - 7
1988 "Dance Little Sister" 30 9 7 18 - 20
1988 "Sign Your Name" 4 2 23 - - 2
1988 "Wishing Well" 1 1 7 3 - 4
1989 "This Side Of Love" - - - - - 83
1989 "To Know Someone Deeply Is To Know Someone Softly" - 47 - - - 55
1990 "Billy Don't Fall" - - - - - -
1993 "Do You Love Me Like You Say?" - - - - - 14
1993 "Delicate" 74 - - - - 14
1993 "She Kissed Me" - - - - 5 16
1993 "Let Her Down Easy" - - - - - 18
1993 "Turn The Page" - - - - - -
1993 Neon Messiah EP - - - - - -
1995 "Holding On To You" - - - - - 20
1995 "Vibrator" - - - - - 55
1995 "Supermodel Sandwich" - - - - - -
2002 "O Divina" - - - - - -
2002 "What Shall I Do" - - - - - -
[edit] NZ Charts

* 1993 Let Her Down Easy 9wks | Peak 6
* 1995 Holding On To You 16wks| Peak 12
Youtube has been a great source of information to me, I don't read too well and enjoy watching the videos, gleaning information that way. It's also a good community, Sophie has found several like minded horse lovers there.

RSS

Latest Activity

Apolonia liked RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS's profile
15 hours ago
Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022