Retro_styli_A Pictures, Images and Photos

Views: 1197

Replies to This Discussion

.....Good ol' Ringo there, in the Cavern, on drums, prior to his Beatles interlude.
Love this clip....... she must have good taste, George is my favorite....... and she knew him and said that he was great.

Fancy leaving her at the grave yard!!!!!!!
No real reason for this 'cept, in '66 I was 15 and was working on the door of the Marquee 'nd it's reminiscing time for me. Don't remember this night. I think I mentioned it here once in the weeks gone by. Although have just checked the gig's date, 22 Mar., '66. I was still 14 so hadn't even visited the place then.

Something gentler..........................

Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band - Equestrian Statue & Little Sir Echo 1967 1.Equestrian Statue There once was a very famous man On his famous horse he'd ride through the land The people used to see him e...

1...Equestrian Statue.................
There once was a very famous man
On his famous horse he'd ride through the land
The people used to see him everywhere
When he died, they put a statue in the square
(hooray)

Here comes the Equestrian Statue
Prancing up and down the square
Little old ladies stop 'n' say
"Well, I declare!"

Once a month on a Friday there's a man
With a mop and bucket in his hand
To him it's just another working day
So he whistles as he rubs and scrubs away
(hooray)

"Well, I declare!"

It's a sight to bring you joy, you feel so gay
And it's guaranteed to brighten up your day
If it's gray

"Well, I declare!"

It's a sight to bring you joy, you feel so gay
And it's guaranteed to brighten up your day
If it's gray

2... Little Sir Echo..............
Little Sir Echo, how do you do?
Hello! (Hello!) Hello! (Hello!)
Little Sir Echo is very blue,
Oh, won't you come over and stay?
You're a very nice person,
I know by your voice,
But you're always so far away.

Outside .. how do you do
Little Sir Echo I mark you blue
Won't you come over and ..?
You're a nice little fellow
I know by your voice
But you're always so far away.

A fantastic songwriter and lyricist.

A bit more 21st Century...........
A home-made video just to be able to upload that wonderful song, done with pictures from the concert and of The Isle Of Wight, where the Bees are from.
It's kind of pathetic but at least you can listen to this jewel.

Finally another two totally diverse bits of music......................
Although, I personally find this video boring. Ow ! That hurt ! Stop hitting me............

Here's Lord Rockingham's XI, and a rarity that can be found on the Lounge/Exotica compilation 'Frolic Diner 3'.
Lord Rockingham's XI were the house band for an English TV show called 'Oh, Boy', which ran from 1959 to mid-1959.
They were fronted by Scottish composer Harry Robinson (real name was Robertson), and were comprised of no less than 11 band members.
To me, what stands out on this 1:45 of silliness is the Hammond organ playing by the lovely Cherry Wainer, who hails from South Africa. There's just a lovely bass to it!
Enjoy!

Who said, "You must be bored" ? Haha.
I have not had the chance to go through this wonderful post, but Equestrian jumped out at me and also "the boy does nothing"......... lol

I bet having an Aries as a partner you aren't one of the boys who does nothing...... tell the truth Percy!
Behave yourself ! Hahaha.x
:D
I like Amy Winehouse, one of my favorites is here singing "Will you still love me tomorrow"

I've never been to a music festival.

What maze? :)
The maze I left here, probably, Sue.x
I like mazes..... always loved Hampton Court's
Funny, we never met at Glastonbury ? haha..............Maybe we did !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just a little something..................

Terry Hall will always have a special place in my record collection for his work with The Specials. He released some solid albums in the 80s-90s, but for me, his 2003 World music album is up there with his best..... Footage is taken from a brilliant episode of Irene Shubik's 'The Mind Beyond' called 'The Man With The Power' about a painter and decorator played by Willie Jonah, who realises that he might have psychic powers... Or even be the new messiah!! Cyril Cusack, Geoffrey Bayldon and Johnny Briggs (aka Ken Barlow's nemesis Mike Baldwin) make up a stalwart 1970s British TV blue chip cast. The Mind Beyond is one of the pinnacles of British TV drama for its intelligence, ambition and unconventional narrative techniques.

Plus..................

Byeeeee..............

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service