Dear David,

This is it. The Shministim Day of Action is Thursday December 18th - thank you for joining Israel's young conscientious objectors as they present their case to Israel and to the world. It's our last chance to make sure they have support from everyone who cares about peace. Is there anyone you haven't shared their story with yet? Please, click here.

This is your last chance to support the Shministim before the December 18th Day of Action.
Please, hear their plea and do what you can.

Tamar Katz, one of the Shministim, was planning to write one last note to Jewish Voice for Peace supporters to ask for your help. But when she refused to put on the Israeli military uniform, she was put in solitary confinement. No phone calls, no contact, not even access to the most basic hygiene. Tamar is just 19 years old. In her own words:

"I am not willing to become one of those holding the gun pointed indiscriminately at Palestinian civilians, and I do not believe that such actions could bring any change except ever more antagonism and violence in our region."

This is the last time we will write to you about the Shministim - and it's your last chance to spread the word. Please, I urge you to support these amazing, courageous, peaceful young people. They are our hope. They are the future. They need to know we are here for them. And if I haven't convinced you, then take a look at the video they've created. It's worth your two minutes.

David, quite honestly, our campaign to support the Shministim is the most meaningful work I've had the opportunity to support in a long time. They give me such hope. I hope they give you hope too, and that you acknowledge their gift of hope by doing as much as you can to help them.

Thank you,

Sydney Levy
Jewish Voice for Peace

Views: 50

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service