I think that is important as Pagan's to look within ourselves and the path's that we have chosen to find an inner peace. We should set an example so that others will know we are earnest in our endeavors. Peace is an acceptance, without judgement, of others for who and what they are. Do you think as Pagan's we should be involved in activities that may be harmful to others? Does society know that Pagan's are considered a peaceful lot? What do you think?

Views: 68

Replies to This Discussion

Lady Gwen, dear friend..I am in agreement with all you commented here, thank You!
Peace! I like this question...it's a very important discussion to have. That being said I must take exception to your statement: Peace is an acceptance, without judgement, of others for who and what they are. I believe that we need to carefully examine the activities of those around us and we must then judge whether we accept those activities. If our "Fundamentalist Christian" neighbor feels that polluting the earth or encouraging wars in the Middle East are ways to bring back their messiah don't we need to judge those actions and perhaps discourage those activities?
The extreme example is Nazi Germany where would be pagans drug the world into war and killed 6-9 million in their death camps.
I agree that is important as Pagan's to look within ourselves and the path's that we have chosen to find an inner peace. We should set an example so that others will know we are earnest in our endeavors
Yes, I believe, that, as pagans, we sometimes should be involved in activities that may be harmful to others...we need to fight crime and oppression even if those activities "harm" another. What society thinks about us, if they think about us at all, is that we are a weird lot of religious crazies who want the "antiChrist".
Gwendolyn, thanks again for getting this discussion started....hope I haven't stayed too long on my soapbox.
Blessed Be!
I am new to iPeace and I have to say that my spirit has been uplifted reading this discussion. I live in a small community in western Canada where I often feel isolated. One for being a pagan and two for my feelings on peace and the ever growing violence around the world. I believe that the violence in our world is what is helping in part to create the inbalance in our great Mother Earth. As above so is below, in healing personkind, one person at a time so too do we then begin to heal our planet. Knowledge and understanding of other peoples cultures helps to diminish the fears of our differances and helps build on the commonality of being human that we all share. As I read in the reply by Ander Drake I do agree that true peace is found within, but that being said I have a hard time finding peace within when I get so angry at the continual violence that man, women and children are subjected to it is hard to find that peac within.

I am not sure of forum etiquett. I was not invited here I just came across it and felt right. Please let me know if I have intruded. Blessed Be.
What a great topic, I too am new to Ipeace and feel uplifted by the things I have read here. There is a very really differance between standing firm in what we believe and being forceful in our stance. I don't just stand by while others are persecuted but I don't make my point through force either. We must find a peaceful way for our voices to be heard on all levels. Peace is not just accaptance, it is also finding solutions to the problems without doing harm.

Brightest blessings
Lynn

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service