There has been some ground swell about how with this amount of talent we should concider some kind of event...musical naturally...earlier this evening I messaged David Califa and asked it an idea running round my head was do-able or not...he replied no because the Israeli Army won't give us permission...army dictating to the peace movement? errrr an oxymoron there somewhere surely...it is only worth doing if the army objects...so what is this idea...here is a presis of what I said to him...

Tell me I am not mad but I have had this strong conviction for nearly a week that we on ipeace are heading for a massive world changing event. I have this vision of a massive all day concert with the world’s top Peace Musicians staged upon the line of the barrier in Jerusalem so that audiences from both sides can attend…with me so far.

Last week I met up with Julie Felix and am in the process of interesting her in ipeace Peace Musicians…ever heard of her? She started out in 1964, been on tour with Lenard Cohen, has shared the stage with her friend Donovan and has sung her other friend Bob Dylan’s songs since the early sixties…she is one of the greatest Peace Musicians and turned 70 this year and is still belting out songs for peace with the energy of a twenty year old.
I know I cannot put in links but have a listen on http://www.last.fm/music/Julie+Felix
Listen to the track Children of Abraham..Julie says we can use it on the site...errr anyone know how to upload stuff as I don't.
Now why a massive concert…because we have the talent pouring in on the Peace Musicians all day…until I turned it off I was getting all the emails…because I think some of the big names I have mentioned might just go for the idea if done right…and Paul McCartney has just been to Israel…then there is Daniel Barenboim with his West/Eastern Divan Orchestra…need I go on.

Or another suggestion from the main thread is for a series of micro events all round the world...there is much to ponder in all of this....I am putting the idea out for it to be thought about and probably rejected because the Army won't let us do it...

Views: 74

Replies to This Discussion

I am copying part of the post from ANDERS ABRAHAMSSON from the main thread:-

Exceptional growth, yes, @David Gould - and this really 'strikes a chord' - LITERALLY - to one of my key identifiers of Peace Makers - i. e. Music!

For me, 'event' idea is maybe to have either 1. a multi-local Peace Music Festival with micro-arrangement to be set up wherever (not the LiveAid kinda megafestival), in a local park or main spot in a village, to the town square, with a 2. common mega-festival in Second Life at the same time?

With Idea Number Three - having this festival on Int'l Peace Day of Sept 21!

Everyone has at least ONE instrument to join up, and if you're not singing or drumming on a tin can, you could always DANCE!

title: Peace Music Festival - Play And Dance for Peace

tag line: Lay down the weapons. Listen to the Silence. Listen to your Spirit. Pick up your Instrument! Move your Mind, Body, Spirit and Heart!

--
Thanks for copying my Event Idea. This was an embryo of a Behind-the-Napkin notes on the Peace Musicians Café Thread...

Wall Comment Big Table...what a stream! Whaow! In awe.

Let me rest on it and get it more throughly thru with a full One Page Action Plan and add it here to the discussion!

Peace, Prevailing, Growing...,
Anders
London calling, if anyone's got a 1000+ Watt PA they can bring along and let us use, we can set up an event in NW london UK and run a live podcast of the event
RSVP, the Radfax
yes we are creating something very big here...

I know a few musicians:) let's make it happen.

Kara
I know a way that we could do it from different parts of the world. I often do concerts in a virtual reality called Second Life. It take some work to learn how to stream onto the internet, but I would be very interested in getting all the musicians on iPeace to play a peace concert in Second Life. People can listen from all over the world. All they have to do is set up a free account on Second Life. Audio can be streamed live and so can video. The format can be discussed later. Wondering how many people would be interested.
love and peace always and everywhere!~
Louis
p.s. in terms of a live concert, I am certainly willing to play. If it is in Israel, that is prohibitive financially if it is a benefit because I am a full time musician and I can't afford to go out of pocket that much. If it is in New York, or Washington, D.C, count me in.
Hi friends, i live in Florida, we have tried a concert last month headed up by Sue Martian, however Sue got sick, and had too much on her plate (so to speak), and the show was postponed, however I have endless contacts here in Florida, but also need help i would be more than happy to be on a Board or a committee to help put a yearly show together here in Florida.

I have done two hurricane relief concerts and three food bank fundraisers here in central Florida. My band is the Jeff Todd Blues Band, we would also love to play the event, local talent is not a problem, no would be locations... however advertising would need to a pitched in by everyone to pull it off right, after all it dose take real money to do it, stuff cost money, I have complete brake - downs of cost for a event that would run 24 hr, it would need to be web casting world wide. with other events web casting also, however if it could not be done then regional concerts would be the way to go, lets get a group of people who REALY want to do this and talk, jt

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service