http://www.wrm.org.uy/subjects/GMTrees/Information_sheets.html
Research on genetically engineered trees is being currently carried out in a number of countries and yours can be one of them!
WRM has produced information sheets on the countries where we know that GE tree research -in many cases including field trials- is taking place. The sheets contain information on the species being manipulated and with what aim, on those carrying out the research and those who support it, on the regulatory framework for research and field trials and on the organizations actively opposing this activity at the national level.
We have produced information sheets on the following countries:

Australia
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Chile China
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany Indonesia
Israel
Japan
New Zealand
Sweden
Taiwan
Thailand
United Kingdom
United States
With this information we aim at raising awareness about this issue and at establishing a two-way information flow with people and organizations opposing GE trees in these countries. You can assist us in improving and updating the information sheets by sending us relevant information. You can use these sheets and adapt them to your own reality and, more importantly, you can get in contact with the local organizations opposing this new threat.

Views: 82

Replies to This Discussion

I'M living in Israel,but i born in Argentina;and i usually ask the ppl here,what they know about it,and if they have any news about,i mean, if there is genetic manipulation is the country.And my conclusion is that the ppl don't have much idea about it!
But what i really don't like it is that inmidiately the ppl answer:"well no ,I DON'T THINK WE HAVE THAT
I think that becouse many vegetables come from kibutz,and becouse many are"organic",they could not be "transgenics".That's my percertion...

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service