On 8th March, 2006, a message from the Secretary General of the United Nations included the following:

“The international community is finally beginning to understand a fundamental principle: women are every bit as affected as any man by the challenges facing humanity in the 21st century – in economic and social development, as well as in peace and security. Often, they are more affected.

It is, therefore, right and indeed necessary that women should be engaged in the decision-making processes in all areas, with equal strength and in equal numbers.

The world is also starting to grasp that there is no policy more effective in promoting development, health and education than the empowerment of women and girls...

And I would venture that no policy is more important in preventing conflict, or in achieving reconciliation after a conflict has ended.

We do have achievements to celebrate in women’s representation around the world… But we have far, far more to do..."

And at the 2005 World Summit, world leaders declared...
"progress for women is progress for all”.

Views: 28

Replies to This Discussion

Here in Israel I'm connected to a group called "women of Vision".
This group is made up of Arab & Jewish women from all over the country, who share the same belief as yours.
We all understand that healing separation & transforming will start from within us women, and I'm very happy to say it's already happening.
I'm proud of my new Arab (Muslim, Bedduin & Christian) and Jewish sisters. When I meet them I feel how strong our power is together! With this power we can surely make a change, and a big one - in our beautiful feminine pace...
Thank you so much for this Ronit,
I'd love to know more about your 'Women of Vision' group - and it's so heart-warming to read what you have written here! :)
And I'm sure that so many women are so longing to connect together heart to heart whatever our backgrounds, cultures, religions!!
And that, once we do this, there is no limit at all to what else we can do!!
And I agree, Agusta, too - with women uniting we can certainly bring revolutionary changes - in a positive loving way!!
Blessings to you both, and to all women,
Chris
Melting Pot

Melting pot of cultures
Different races and beliefs
Wanting freedom and unity
Working together as a team
Of human beings
Wanting the same results globally
Celebrating diversity
With positive goals in mind
Stirring and simmering the pot of emotions
On the right temperature of warmth
Solving problems spread around the world
Doing it ourselves individually in making a difference
For justice and liberty for all in the melting pot
Of universal hope and love
Shared and seasoned with the right ingredients
Around the world in peace

Shelly Wiseberg, 2008
Taken from Freedom To Express

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Jul 2, 2021
Ralph Corbin updated their profile
Jun 25, 2021
Marques De Valia updated their profile
Mar 24, 2021
SSEAYP - South-East Asian Youth liked David Califa's discussion Flash Banners Here
Feb 29, 2020

© 2024   Created by David Califa. Managed by Eyal Raviv.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service