When it comes to peace, how would you describe yourself?
I am a 'born again' activist
What do you believe are the 'burning issues' today?
War, Hunger, Poverty, Education, Our Planet, Violence, Human Rights, Our Shrinking Freedom
What must we overcome to achieve peace?
Can we change the world?
More about me
The Gandhi Foundation exists to spread knowledge and understanding of the life and work of Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869-1948). Our most important aim is to explain and demonstrate the continuing relevance of Gandhi’s insights and actions today.
Gandhi is one of the most significant figures of modern times. He began as an insignificant individual with no particular talents and gradually developed into a remarkable human being. He considered that everyone has the potential for personal ethical/spiritual development, and for him that was best learnt in community. Gandhi’s ideas have a relevance beyond his own time. His approach was holistic and evolved experientially.
The Gandhi Foundation promotes:
- Nonviolence to replace war and aggression
- Decentralised, egalitarian economic systems such as cooperatives and trusteeships
- Simple lifestyles that avoid an endless quest for more possessions and superficial experiences. This is essential to preserve the planet’s finite resources and prevent ecological disaster
- Democratic systems that are decentralised, human-scale, and involve the active participation of everyone
- Tolerant pluralistic societies. Gandhi regarded different religions and philosophies as each possessing some but not the whole truth
- Respect for animals and an end to their exploitation by humans
- To help us promote these aims please join The Gandhi Foundation or make a donation.
Gandhi’s two central principles are Truth (satya) and Nonviolence (ahimsa) which are to be applied in all situations. His social philosophy can be summarised in two concepts: satyagraha = seeking the truth of a situation through nonviolent action; sarvodaya = the welfare of all people without exception.
Promise to respect others and refrain from spamming?
Comment Wall (3 comments)
You need to be a member of iPeace.us to add comments!
I invite to the site I created, I think you can contribute & invite more to join.
Join me at
Pl. join the group called ''CARE EARTH'' Earth gives us lot but we do not care for the earth & keep on hurting the giver. Now we should think about the earth and we altogether plat a great roll to save EARTH by utmost caring for it. We should take ought to use only Eco-friendly & Bio-degradable products for our daily needs. THINK....THINK....THINK