This is something that we 'imported' from facebook.
1. Write a "25 random things about me
" and post it as a blog.
2. Share it with ALL your friends
on iPeace (share button on bottom left >> More Options>>Share with friends)
3. We get to know each other better
We are almost 17000 and we come from 180 different countries and cultures. This can be exciting.
1. I used to have hair
2. There's someone thin living inside me
3. I lost about 1000 Kg during my life, and I gained about 100 Kg more
4. I don't throw old cloths that no longer fit – I tell them: "Wait, I am coming back"
5. I served in the army and hated it (but everyone does)
6. I was a really lousy student and was kicked out of school twice.
7. I got an MBA (and a really good one). I think that MBAs are useless
8. I used to trade bonds, stocks and other financial instruments when Wall Street was still fun
9. I retired 12 years ago
10. I lived in Israel, France, USA, UK and Japan (I am a sushi snob)
11. I visited about 60 other countries
12. I am dying to go to Tibet (but I don't think that I'm very welcome there at the moment)
13. My best friend is Eli Sachs and we've been friends for 40 years
14. I have 2 sons, Joel and Jono, and I love them more with every day that passes – They must have great genes.
15. I love myself, and feel sorry for people who don't love themselves.
16. I love golf and I used to be the only golf writer in Israel
17. I love music but I can't sing and I can't play any instrument which is killing me
18. I am a borderline autistic with a slight dyslexia and certified ADD
19. I live by myself (and I'm loving it)
20. I never felt loneliness, but I know that there aren't many worse feelings than being lonely.
21. I am more lucky than clever
22. I have addictive personality
23. I love cooking (and eating – you probably figured that out) I can eat Chinese food every day
24. I started iPeace and I love it
25. I WILL see peace in my lifetime
26. I believe that FEAR is the root of all evil
I have about 100 more..but my dream about peace is this:
I can tell you about the first things that come to my mind when I close my eyes and think of peace. I see no more wars. I see a time when my grandchildren don't have to spend 3 years of their lives in the army. I see equality and respect between peoples and nations. I see my Arab friends come to visit me at home, I see us going to the beach together. I see myself hanging out with my Lebanese friends in Beirut. But most of all, I see myself being able to get in the car with my dad (who is 87 years old) and 2 sons, and drive to Baghdad, Iraq, through Jordan or Syria. In Baghdad he takes us to the house he was born in, and to all the places he told us so many stories about. There, we close a circle.
These dreams might sound trivial to many, but these simple acts have been denied of so many people in the Middle East.