I have written in journals and diaries since I was 12 years old, and to this day, I find them to be a source of joy, a way to capture moments, thoughts, and ideas that might otherwise elude me. I love to fill the pages with every-day rememberings, poems, thoughts and feelings, newspaper clippings, drawings, pressed flowers, pictures, and oh so many things. This is from my Gratitude Journal for the 1st half of April:
1. Happy birthday, Amy. I am thankful God allowed me of all women on earth to be your mother.
2. The only summer birds not back yet are the hummingbirds. I always notice their spring arrival, because their songs differ so much from those of the winter birds.
3. Spring rains -- smell so lovely; sound within me as Peace.
4. Memories of the missing grandchildren flood me this time of year. Bitter-sweet; pain and joy. I love them so much. I pray for their continued safety and thank You for each moment I spent with them.
5. Easter Sundays -- so many of them now, and each special
6. The spring flowers and forsythias are beginning to bloom!
7. I've enjoyed each visit of S and J : )
8. A drive to one of the lakes -- a treat for all the senses
9. All the nights that I can look up and see the moon
10. A flow of words to write and articles sold, blog members reached