Five Key Thoughts
by Dieter Duhm from the Book "Future without War"
I will once again begin with an image. An organism is infected by an illness and shows signs of illness in many places. This organism is the earth, humanity, every community and every individual body. A wise doctor does not treat every individual place, but the entire organism. Applied to the global situation of our times, this means that a wise concept for peace not only deals with peace work in special areas of suffering, but with the healing of the global organism of the human being and the earth.
1. The entire earth and all of humanity constitute one unified organism, i.e. a holistic system, a holon, which reacts as a whole whenever a corresponding force, information, or healing power is input. (...)
2. The core information of a new, non-violent life code lies in the inner area of community, truth, trust, love, Eros and religion. Once the material prerequisites are fulfilled, the determinant points (bifurcations) from where human evolution on earth take on a new direction lie within the human being.
3. Peace work is healing work. At its centre lies the establishment of trust. If someone asks what peace really is, the answer is: peace is TRUST.
4. It is not moral appeals, individual transformation and spiritual exercises that bring about the necessary changes. Instead, it is communal and societal structures that have yet to be created that will make it possible for truth, trust and solidarity to develop and gain permanence. This is a very important point and it is so new that nobody understands it at first. One hears the words but one hardly senses what they mean.
5. The communities of the future that will be creating the new structures for the inner areas of the human being will have a global field effect. As a result of the functioning of holistic systems, a new code of life will change life on the planet. (...)