ONE: The Movie is an independent film about the meaning of life. The Movie Is Only About 1 Hour, Then There Is About 20 Minutes Of Documentary About The Making Of The Documentary And Then There Is About 30 Minutes Of Additional Footage From Some Of The Favorite People Interviewed.
ONE: The Movie is an independent documentary about the meaning of life, created and directed by Michigan filmmakers Scott Carter, Ward M. Powers and Diane Powers, starring Deepak Chopra, Robert Thurman, Ram Dass, Thich Nhat Hahn, Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, Mantak-Chia, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Rabbi Arnie, Hasan Qazwini, Bhakti-Tirtha Swami, and the voice of His Holiness The 14th Dalai Lama and many more.
ONE: The Movie is an independent documentary about the meaning of life.
It's a culmination of interviews asking the same 20 questions of some of the most popular people in the world to everyday people on the street.
The 20 Questions asked are:
1. Why is there poverty and suffering in the World?
2. What is the relationship between science and religion?
3. Why are so many people so depressed?
4. What are we all so afraid of?
5. When is war justifiable?
6. How would God want us to respond to aggression and terrorism?
7. How does one obtain true peace?
8. What does it mean to live in the present moment?
9. What is our greatest distraction?
10. Is current religion serving its purpose?
11. What happens after you die?
12. Describe heaven and how to get there.
13. What is the meaning of life?
14. Describe God.
15. What is the greatest quality humans possess?
16. What is it that prevents people from living to their full potential?
17. Nonverbally, by motion or gesture only, act out what you believe to be the current condition of the world.
18. What is your one wish for the world?
19. What is wisdom and how do we gain it?
20. Are we all one?
It was originally released in movie theaters and throughout North America via hundreds of community events in late 2005 through 2007. An (English version in US) was released on DVD in 2007.