Join me in the Fight to save Troy Davis from death row

Although his conviction has been controversed and there is a growing amount of proofs pointing to his innocence Troy Davis might be executed anyday as the Supreme Court has refused to re examine his case although the court of Georgia suspended his execution on September 23rd.

Davis has admitted being at the scene of the shooting but has always claimed that he did not shoot MacPhail. No physical evidence against Davis has ever been produced, the murder weapon has never been found and the case against Davis at trial consisted entirely of witness testimony.

In affidavits signed over the years since the trial, a majority of the state's witnesses have recanted or contradicted their testimony, while post-trial testimony has emerged implicating another man, Sylvester Coles, as the gunman.

Amnesty International is calling on the state authorities in Georgia to stop the execution of Troy Davis.
The organisation's supporters are sending appeals to Georgia's Board of Pardons and Paroles asking that Davis' death sentence be commuted.

Take action - send an appeal to stop the execution of Troy Davis
urgent action http://www.amnestyusa.org/troydavis

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

False evidence bias state how about dna how about more proof who is the killer. why another death if his man is not guilty of a crime he did not commit.
Thk you Michael for this . I hope lots of people followed your lead to A.I.
Sorry for the super hyper late answer, I've benn busy fostering A.I as press representative for the French section this past year and also on FaceBook and other sites.

Aren't we just so happy with the recent news about Troy?

RSS

Latest Activity

Apolonia liked RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS's profile
Apr 24
Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022