I really would like to know! I personally believe that comunication is THE key to all...if you talk it out, most likely you can come to a conclusion. It is the way to give the problem a chance to be solved.
But when there is silence, and no talking, is that ok? I'm talking about families.
I have heard that there are philosophies that say that thoughts "arrive" through space, and no words are needed.
I find silence negative. But I would like to know what you think...There are lot of very intelligent people out there (out here?). Please....let me hear your viewpoints.
Thanks
Stephanie

Views: 116

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Stephanie,

In family situations I think it really depends on the family members. I come from a family of six girls. I have found that some of us can say things that may cause hurt feelings or disagreements and we are able to talk it thru and move on, and for some of us it is best to not say anything that would be uspetting. I definately believe that with some family members SILENCE actually KEEPS THE PEACE!!!

Melissa
Hi Stephanie,

I am an artist from Holland.
Being lonely is a need to confront yourself with what you create.. and silence is the most beautiful sound in the world.

Blessings from Holland,

Hans Mertens
www.hansmertens.nl
Hi
Please check is silence ok for message to all
Stephanie
Please check is Silence ok for message to all
Thanks
Stephanie
Communication for communication sake is not always productive. In a perfect, peaceful world, we would assume the reaction and feelings of those around us and just be together. I've been married 37 years to a wonderful woman. We know what the other will answer to many questions. We can look at each other and know the response to a situation. We are able to sit together and just enjoy being. We both sing professionally and can sing and laugh together easily and be nonsensical without threat to each other. This took many years of interaction and facing problems by "talking them out."

But when I am around others that are hurting or who are confused and needing guidance, I can feel compelled to share, although sometimes just showing compassion and brotherhood is as good as communication. I also believe that an action that is completed with love and care can have even more of a positive effect than verbal communication. A surprise gift, a forgiveness ritual, unbiased acceptance are powerful ways to bring conflict to a conclusion.

Thanks for the question, it's caused me to organize my thoughts more clearly on the subject of communication in a family and in the world.
papaed
papaed
Hi
Please check Is Silence Ok for message to all
Thanks
Stephanie
Well, I replied, but I guess it rubbed some one the wrong way-- sorry about that, but it sure didn't aseem like it should do so.... Oh well, I guess I'll go play music!................(I kind of agreed with Stephanie)

BCDave
Don't worry, be happy
Please check Is Silence ok to see message for all
Thanks
Stephanie
Communication is the key to understanding one another, not only in our personal lives, but between cultures and nations, as well. If there is more dialogue in the world, there would be less time for conflict. In essence, the key to understand is dialogue. Just a thought...
Hello
Please check is silence ok for message to you all
Thanks
Stephanie
It depends on ths situation. sometimes silent is needed when such a big arguement occurs. Silent might helps to ease the unwelcoming situation. sometimes u need to spill it out. Whatever u do, think before act.

Please check message on Is Silence Ok - a message to all my answers
Stephanie

RSS

Latest Activity

Apolonia liked RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS's profile
Apr 24
Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022