A100 Pictures, Images and Photos

I have started this mainly for Les as he is the photographer amongst us, and this will be a place were we can all visit to see what he has snapped, rather than have then scattered about the group. My postings will mainly be what I have found on the web, I will mark the ones that were taken by either my son or daughter :) If you want to just post a photo, as many as you like, with no explanation that's fine, but if you want to let us know a little more about the image that would be great.

Views: 1398

Replies to This Discussion

Mmmm... nice, but count me out. I move around too much to have pets right now. It's not fair on the animal. When we had our collie she never went to kennels, went everywhere with us.
No, I know he was not for you. Pets are a big commitment, I put my dog Spike into kennels of a friend once, was guilt tripped into doing it, my whole trip was spent thinking about him and feeling bad. I never did it again.

My first Weimaraner used to come everywhere with me, he liked it that way, but Spike preferred to stay at home unless it was somewhere good for him to go too, he would always pick the most comfy option...... his motto was why stand if you can sit, why sit if you can lay, why be awake if you can be asleep. He was such a chilled dog, he was a legend in his breed, I don't think anyone who was keen on Weimaraners in the 90's had not heard of him.

He used to lay in the middle of all the commotion going on at Crufts, on his back with his legs in the air. He would never be aggressive, even if another dog went for him.

I expect you have wonderful memories of your dog too, they bring us so much happiness. It's such a shame that they don't live longer.
Spike sounds like a great character!

They all have that certain something that makes them special, don't they. Keely (the collie) used to know when there was a trip planned and as soon as we started to load the car she would rush out of the house and leap into the back of the hatchback. She was determined not to be left behind, we had to load the car around her!

We had her from my in-laws at about 4 months because they couldn't cope. When she was with them she hated going in the car and was terribly travel-sick so we were amazed when she did a complete about-turn with us. Mind you, their car... and their driving...
I get the drivers bit, some are far from smooth...... they make the best traveller feel sick.

I always think it's best to rehome a dog if it's not working, why put them through a life of misery in a home that does not work.

Keely landed on her feet with you.

My friend when I was cabin crew, we shared a house for a few years too, her dog, and Afghan Hound would empty her suitcase when she packed it..... they hate you going away.

I had my first dog that was my own, no parents to get rid of it when they tired of it, a Weimaraner when I was working for BA, his name was Bisquit, a name that I would never pick now. He was a good dog, he was the one that would go everywhere with me when I was home. He was six when Ross was born, and everyone said that I would have to watch him incase he turned on the baby....... well his loved Ross from day one, and I totally trusted him with Ross, Ross would snuggle up in Bisquits bed with him. He died before shortly before Sophie was born. We got Spike as a 7 week old when I was pregnant with Sophie.

They are funny when they don't want to be left behind, George goes and sits in the truck if he gets the chance when Ross goes out. He has never been allowed in the Ghia! Some places he can take him, but others he can't, if he is left in the car even for a few minutes he howls....... he is a crazy dog.
In the early days with Keely we were both still 'wage-slaves' and the kids were at school so she had to stay home alone a fair amount. She was good and didn't do any real damage though she did, over a period of time, eat a whole dog blanket! We could always tell if she had been a little bit naughty when she stayed in her bed as we came in,with her chin on the ground and looking at us through those big appealing eyes. How could we not forgive her?!!

She was devoted to both the kids, especially my son who was usually the one to take her out, groom her and play with her most. To give her plenty of exercise we would all go to the park (when we lived in town) and then separate. She expended quantities of energy doing her sheepdog act and trying to round us up all the time!
Dogs don't mind being left, it's the love they receive when they are with you that matters. We have had a fair share of home destroyers, everyone except Bella has done plenty of damage even though they were hardly ever left, apart from Biscuit who was left a lot as I was away for days on end and Ross's dad worked in London.... he coped with it ok though.

That was a good game you invented to play with Keely, she must have loved it. Perhaps that's why she was not good with sheep, you had trained her to work with humans!!!!!!

I used to walk Biscuit in Bushy Park everyday when I was home, sometimes we would walk across to Hampton Court Palace Park too, it was lovely, like a village because you would always see familiar faces and make friends with the other dog walkers.
Turns out she is a girl........ which makes her even more adorable :)
Of course!
You got it right again Les...... well done ;D
:o)

Not one of mine this time, I lifted it from Google Earth. This is the Inn in my village. It's delightful and very old.

It's beautiful Les......... a wonderful slice of Dorest.

RSS

Latest Activity

Apolonia liked RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS's profile
Apr 24
Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022