A100 Pictures, Images and Photos

I have started this mainly for Les as he is the photographer amongst us, and this will be a place were we can all visit to see what he has snapped, rather than have then scattered about the group. My postings will mainly be what I have found on the web, I will mark the ones that were taken by either my son or daughter :) If you want to just post a photo, as many as you like, with no explanation that's fine, but if you want to let us know a little more about the image that would be great.

Views: 1398

Replies to This Discussion

I found this on my cyberspace travels this morning and thought that it shows very well the difference between a lotus flower and a water lily, every water lily I have ever seen sits on the surface of the water and this one clearly does not so must be a lotus flower. I am so glad that you explained it all to us Erika, thanks :) x

nice boat!

Truck did you say Sue?

And just how long does a guy have to wait for gas around here?

I love it and want one!!!!!

Until a about seven years ago we had an old fashioned petrol station in a nearby village, where the man used to serve you petrol, it was an independent too, lovely guy owned it. I used to take Bessy there to be serviced. He sold the place to a car washing person who run it with Eastern European men offering hand washes, they were always busy, they made a real success of it. I never knew so many people were too lazy to wash their own cars. I never had a problem........ I did not wash "the truck" she looked more "hard" that way, she's a proper truck and does what trucks are meant to do, they have become a bit of a fashion accessory to some folk.
I could tell you where but I doubt if they're about to sell it!

In my (mis-spent) youth a bunch of us used to knock around in an enormous old Austin Sheerline. One day when we pulled into a little one-pump country petrol station the owner took one look at us and said, "Heck, I don't know if I've got that much."

If you want to see one: Click here
I would love to have it but don't have the skills to restore it. Ross has a 1961 RH drive Karmann Ghia, it's beautiful. Not as old as the beauty you posted......... where is it, or is it a secret.

I don't know what a Sheerline is, my friends boyfriend had an A35 which we had great fun in. My boyfriend borrowed his mums Daf ;( My first car was a 1200 Beetle, I locked myself out of it several times!

Is a Sheerline like a limo?
My son would be green with envy at Ross's KG, he's a VW nut! He does have a '64 Beetle that has been in the family from new but it's a bit of a project at the moment. He'd really like a camper. We used to have one years ago - nice little wagon, totally reliable. I took it to France and Scotland; it never missed a beat.

Click the link in my previous post to see a Sheerline!
Oh and it's at Busek's Auto Museum, Galvin, Washington State.
Won't be selling it then ;0)
I am not very observant am I.......... what a wonderful car.

I will try to post some pics of Ross's car tomorrow, I know they are on his desk top so I won't have to beg too much.

My Beetle was a 72, is a 64 a flat screen?

Ross had a Beetle too, we still have it, it only had one owner before him, I think its an H reg.

I wanted to get a VW open back truck before I got 'the truck' but they were hard to find and I gave up and settled for a modern set of wheels instead. Always wanted a camper van.

None of our VW's have ever let us down either, they are great cars.

Fancy having one in the family since 1964....... that must be some kind of a record.

I'm off to bed now, I hope you sleep well Les.... speak to you tomorrow :) x
Sure! It's been really good tonight, I've enjoyed it very much - thank you!
Now sleep well, sweet dreams. Til tomorrow. :o)
L x

This is Ross's Ghia

RSS

Latest Activity

Apolonia liked RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS's profile
Apr 24
Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022