TO
THE
LAST PAGE
HERE

THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS!

Views: 327

Replies to This Discussion

re: Taxi Driver
Radiance--when I am again in the beauriful city of Madrid I pray I will be so lucky as to getr the same driver you got!! GREAT STORY my friend.
Like your story Steph. But perhaps it was not you who changed, perhaps it was the fish, he may have looked ugly at first but becasue you bought him he felt that at least someone cared for him and the longer he was kept and not rejected he became more beautiful until he was the hansom fish that he was destined to be all along, Just a thought.

Sue :) x

Yes, Clayclream....I am sure you were right. In fact (and your enthusiastic and positive reply is helping my memory on this one!) I do believe that I saw him give me a WINK! And I am sure that THAT meant exactly what you mentioned above about him becoming more beautiful. I think I remember the exact wink that started it all along! Thanks for reminding me! ;) ps this is not the necklace with the fish, but he certainly looks a little like him
clayclream (I like how your name 'flows' from my fingertips)
Not out to copy, but dance and allow others to also lead.
I try to tie in my stories with the group, but I'm not feeling well right now due to some 'bug' going around.
I normally dont have much human physical contact beyond this keyboard so this is like the first time in around 30 years I've gotten sick. Even though I've eaten what I need to to get rid of it, until its gone I'm not feeling so hot,
I hope I was not taken wrongful in my intentions of 'going with the flow' (due to not being so clear headed right now)
Partly too, cuz Stephanie put me up to 100 stories so,,,,,,
thats a lot a stories!!!
good thing I have a few years to tell them here.
iPeace may be new but I've got a feeling, it will still be around a very very long time from now.
So I'm not in to big of a hurry to reach my 100
and I'm rambling again! Arrrgh!
Box of kisses

A lovely story, children as so much more connected to the truth than adults, we should listen to them far more than most of us do.
I agree
amit agarwal that was beautiful, I also really favor the theme that things are not as important as people.
Things, not being more important than life itself. Its not the things that count, it is what we do with them that gives them value.
Like Stephanie's fish, often the outside is a disguise, for whats of far greater value, on the inside.
Dear Tree

I am delighted that you liked the story enough to want to join in, the more the merrier don't you think. Sorry you are feeling under the weather and trust that you will soon be feeling fine and back to your normal self. I enjoyed reading your latest story yesterday evening, but I like to read the stories several times before I leave a comment so I can fully take them in, when the story line is intricate it always takes me longer to absorb. Short tales are easy for me to take in and understand. Please do not think that I have not left a comment because I am in some way put out, that could not be further from the truth and I would not want such an idea to even enter your head. The real truth is that I am dyslexic and do find some words and ways of phrasing easier to fathom than others, but it does not mean that I enjoy the ones I find more challenging less, it's good to be challenged. The stories I write take me ages, my reading is very slow my spelling is even worse than my reading.

You have got to watch that Steph, she must have been a slave driver in a former life. She for sure has a way of motivating and inspiring folk though, before she asked me to write something I had not done creative writing since school days, and that was a good few years ago.

We have horses, they are kept natural, out 24/7, barefoot, bitless and ridden bareback only. We keep everything as near to nature as we can for them. They are all old boys now, Edwin and Jack are in their thirties, and Colin is a young whipper snapper at 24. They are really retired but on occasions the two ponies will be taken out for a walk, and sometimes my daughter takes them all into our soft surface arena for a play about. We have two dogs as well. Your horse is beautiful. How old is he, do you know any of his history?

Glad you like my name.
OH! WHOOPS....just happened to see the above letter to TREE (one of the very first dedicated contributors here on 15,000 stories...when we were a mere 15,000) ...not that I was snoopin' around or anything....
Slave driver? Gee, I don't even know what kind of car that is, let alone DRIVE one! But thanks for the compliment...I will definitely ask about it at the Motor Vechicle offices.
Glad to hear that I am motivating and inspiring....my TWO MOST FAVORITE WORDS!!
So.....
stop fooling around here, Clay, and back to work!!! I want a dozen stories outtaya by next Friday!

:)
Steph
Being older than my age, while trying to come up with stories I am often 'reminded of the time'... (now that sounded old!!) while reading everyone else's stories, and its hard not to sort of sit around the campfire here.

My best friend other than my wife, is about 10 years old. The woman who had him before he came to live with me, told me almost 3 years ago he was 7. The environment you describe for your four footed friends sounds like one I would be jealous of, and I agree with that too, that it is not just important to have friends, but also to try hard to be friends. I had no horse experience, so knowing what it meant to be a good friend back to him, took some doing, and some patience from him while I made my mistakes.
Some things he still dose not forgive me for, in a way. He turns his head away from me, because for being friendly and using his teeth, I pushed him away for "biting" or being friendly.
So to show he is being friendly, he turns his head away!
He has a small brain, but it seems he uses it very well, in his own way(s).

I'm feeling better now, but he is still sort of riled up right now. The volcano across the bay erupted last night sending ash (I think I heard correctly on the radio) 9 miles high.
I'm not sure my health reaction was not attributed to what was about to take place, but fairly certain his uneasiness is attributed to that.

Unlike your freinds, mine is in a corral/round pen, with attached shelter. I shoe him, the gravel road and trails to town are hard on his hooves. I have hired someone else to put his shoes on last year, but I may be doing this myself this year. They are not needed in winter because I am to afraid of him slipping on ice.
He stays in the round pen, because of my neighbors and he thinks electric fences are things he is 'supposed to' go though, like practice walking over tarps or jumps?
I have no other horses living here, I have no other humans living here, he and I are all we have right now other than a cat and he does not count (not a cat person, I tolerate him because of who he is, but find it hard to find "cat" very appealing).
So he and I interact a great deal for our company, and fight for each others lives regarding grizzy and all else in life, we are good friends. I am not really a horse person, the horse wanted to be with me and fought with his life for mine, and in doing so convinced me to accept him into the family. I hope and pray he lives until 30+ years old, and learn all I can to help insure that he does. I love him (back).
His history: He ran loose, and I question his food/health care as being perhaps to natural (fend for self)... Put former owner in hospital twice, trying to ride him, got as far as the end of the driveway....
Tore 3 sides of the siding off one neighbors home as high as his hooves could reach (after chasing neighbor into the home), then kicked in his car doors as he was leaving. Charged the other neighbors children playing in their sandbox, then their father who came out to rescue them, who chased him out of the yard long enough for his kids to make it into the house, then turned and charged him again, they had to call her to get her horse so they could get out of their own home....
That kind of horse.... the kind of horse who when loose and can run away, instead, charges and body slams a grizzly bear. Last spring we had one here, my horse friend was on a rope, pulling on the end of it, not trying to get away from the bear, but to get AT the bear. That kind of horse.
So he still has that same history of being a violent horse, I never broke him in that sense because I don't want to tell him to stop doing what has kept him alive living in grizzly country.
He is violent, but wants to be my horse enough to prove it to me. He has not hurt anyone since I have had him, because I told him not to.
My wolves much the same way, I told them not to bark, and they didn't do so for many years until I told them I wanted them to again.
Now if I can just get my horse to bark to let me know their is a griz heading this way, I'll be fine!
I dont have any canines with me now... the last of my team died of old age almost a year ago.
Otherwise I've lived with wolves most of my life and I am having a very difficult time adjusting, they made it illegal in this state to "own" wolves. They were my friends, and a way of life, they were my transportation.
I ride horse now. And only when I have to, drive a car to town. That has been around 7 times in the last 10 months.
I do not like gasoline... it makes me feel sick to use it, like I'm a human and I cant find a more intellegent way to get around than THAT?!
I think gas powered transportation is primitive.
And would rather work with life, to live well, than destroy it.
I need to feel okay about being on this earth, and at peace with my existence here.
I know greater peace, riding thunder, on a war horse I know full well would give his life for me if I so much as asked, or needed him to.
That is safer than any automobile I can think of.
I am disabled, and for such cause I do not like being behind the wheel,
my wolves or horse I can trust with control more than I can myself.
even if I fell asleep at the wheel, they, would still get me home safe.
I don't use a bit, I don't need one, but use a saddle because I don't know how to ride without one.
But if I hold it up and he dose not come over to me to stand under it, I don't put it on him.
nor will I ride him, until he does.
That has happened once so far.
Dear Tree

It was nice reading about you. I have know horses like Thunder and they are the very speical ones, the ones that are really true and the ones that have been some of the great horses in history. There is a book called The byerley Turk that is about such a horse, if you can get a copy I'm sure you would love the story, it is all true, he was one of the founding horses for the Thoroughbred along with three other stallions from the East. The man who wrote it Jeremy James is a remarkable man, he loves his horses and does so much to try to ease the pain of the ones that are transported all over Europe for meat. He has been beaten up on several occasions for trying to give them water. He has written other books about his horse back trips across Europe, he wirtes very well and even without an interest in horses his stories are still worth reading, you can learn quite a bit about the different races in the European countries, he does not pull his punches or mince his words about how he feels about them.

Regading Thunder getting what he needs, the best thing you can give him, if he does not already have one. is a rock salt lick. The best one is from the Himalayans, their salt is so pure, it would be good for you too, you could share! I don't know if they are expensive in USA but in my opinion it is worth more than gold and a far better investment for your future. Horses like to eat all sorts of things, they are more akin to goats in their eating habits, they do not thrive on just grass like cows. If you have trees nearby give him some branches or even logs so that if he wants he can eat the bark. They know how to self medicate and will eat all sorts of things given half a chance. I only use homeopathy on my boys but I always give them the choice to take it or not and sometimes they do and sometimes they don't, they are made of sugar pills so you would think that a horse would always take a piece of sugar, but they know how homeopathy works and do not always need the remedy that I think they might, so reject it.

I have a real love and passion for horses, they have given and still give us so much, they are a reflections of our souls and come to teach us if only we would listen. If it were not for horses we would have to walk every where, unless you had a bike, but that was not invented until the 1800's I believe, so that would have meant a lot of walking and running for all those cowboys, settlers and pioneers in your country until they could afford a bike!

A man in the UK has invented a sort of cart called a Saddle Chariot, if you google you will find it, that is a one man one horse form of transport, you only need a little horse, a horse that would be far to small for an adult to ride to have great fun and to take you any where you wanted to go because they are off roaders too.

On my blog I have written about a book called "Water and Salt the Essence of Life' that I believe in totally and that everyone would benefit from owning a copy, it contains so many health 'secrets'. That is the book that will tell you how to use the Himalayan rock salt to its optimum. There is plenty on youtube about it too. Dr Hendel wrote the book so she is the best source for more information.

I have been to Alaska, in the 70's, when I worked for an airline, I expect Anchorage is very different now, it was not large then, only had a couple of hotels where you could stay, the posh one, where the flight deck stayed, and the one I stayed in that had suites with cooking facilities and tables, chairs and sofas, they were like mini apartments. I can't remember what time of year it was but there was loads of snow, which does not narrow the time of year down much does it!
Clayclream
haven't read your above note to Tree...BUT be sure to read on the group page, Renee's wonderful story about horses (Tree, have you seen it, you ,must have!) it is a beauty. Go back many pages...it is worth the clicking
She is the editor of iPeace's site.....great writer, great story about horses.
Steph
Wow thank's for that comment back!
I totally agree with you on many points, one of them on eating plants besides grass, I know which plants he likes, and also watch were I graze him because many of the plants he likes to eat I do too!
I've lived in the wilds most of my life, so this means a large part of my diet is often wild plants. So he and I often 'forage" together, I just try and get to the plants I want first :D

I was unaware of the 'connection' of humans and horses until I learned it from him and his ancestors that live through him (as do my own), I too am connected to my ancestors and one in particular from around 10,000 years ago, who was a shaman and reaches through to my life time to see the world through my eyes.
As do I through his and my ancestors who had horses (mostly farmers).
I am American (blood of many different nations), my horse friend is 1/2 Appaloosa (N.American breed), 1/2 Morgan (an American breed from some white people). I get the best of both in the ancestry shining through his eyes. But both sides, have war horse in the blood lines, and once, fought each other, but through him we can see they can become one, with the best of both. I am also part Native, even if not a high percentage, my blood is red, and I live the life of a warrior, this may be why like Ulysses's bow, no one else could string, he refused everyone until me, but his ancestors through him, told me they too, sent him here, to be there for me, and make sure he was, when I needed him the most.
(sorry for my English sentence structure, I've lived more with wild animals, so "human" is like a second or 3rd language to me (actually more removed than that but you get the point, its not my "main" language))
We not only owe a lot to horses, but we grew up with them. This made our relationship a very deep one for many generations, and to loose this connection is also to loose a part of what it means to be a human.

I still have 1 foot of snow on the ground, while getting many emails from others how nice their tulips look....
In Alaska, we have 2 seasons.
Winter is coming,
and winter is here.

RSS

Latest Activity

Apolonia liked RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS's profile
Apr 24
Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile