TO
THE
LAST PAGE
HERE

THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS!

Views: 327

Replies to This Discussion

Tree
I know that this above message is meant (mostly) for Clayclream. I am thrilled to see how much you have in common with your interest in horses.
Just wanted to say how animals can bring people together....like I meeting a young man through my taking a photo of him near an elephant: Francesco (the boy, not the elephant). HE, by the way goes to California often (my home state) and thanks to the elephant we became friends!
iTink....

Its okay Stephanie, the whole world may eaves drop :) Its all published for the world to see.

Its easy for me to connect with those who connect with horses, because horse is a different language.
They do not think in words, which I tend to go far beyond the limits of myself as well. Most, and I do mean the vast majority of my friends in life, have not been human.
I communicate differently in 'non-words' as do they.
I would not ride that elephant, unless it invited me, and, I knew it personally, that I could trust it with my life.
I wont ride a horse I cant trust with my life, because that's just what I'm doing if I get on its back!
So, after knowing the horse, and knowing you can trust it (him/her) you have no fear, because knowing, has replaced not knowing.
To bond with someone, to the extent in the case of a horse who is almost 10 times my weight I cannot physically dominate or control, on that level, you dont just ride a horse, you dance with wind, thunder echos all around you at full gallop on a beast that dares to challenge grizzly bears and WIN.
He knows full well who he is, his power,
As does his rider know his power and his own magic
and we unite both of our powers together as ONE,
and we dance.
Its easier to communicate with someone else who knows of this dance, that has done it also.

I think humans in telling themselves they are "above" nature and other animals, then cut themselves off from being one with them.

If I were above my horse, then the correct way to respond to that instead of lord it over him,
would be to help him up to my level.
Horse does same for me.
Through this horse, I can see in his eyes, generations and generations of his ancestors, and see the lives they lived, and the humans they lived with, he is "connected".
This is not in words,
Nor is the magic of all that power and speed and persona of a war horse beneath you with the wind in your face and hair becoming almost one with his mane.....
Friends, in the dance, of life and power and magic and thunder.... I give up, I cant put into words...
but I know she understands, without her even saying.
Then now and not yet

It's nice to hear that the future is bright and we get to live how we choose, not how an unseen few tell us we have to. Look forward to hearing more about your family, both past and future.
That story may unfold in the pages yet to come, but not having been written beyond natural flow it could be averted intentionally or otherwise.
I found it interesting that my world was destroyed in the year 2000-2001, and paid for it still with what I owned, seven years more. I have read a few Bibles and other books, cover to cover as are books read, to get the to the whole perspective (holy spirit?) of the books, so, being who I am and how these books relate personally to my life is a bit of a revelation, regarding the interpretations others give them.
I did not have someone else telling me what the words meant.
I also take other things into consideration as well,
If I were in the past, looking forward in time, and saw what my eyes saw,
and tried to write it down?
If left as a message, I think it did a good job, but that's just my interpretation.
There is also simple math, that if you start down a road and keep going in one direction,
sooner or later your going to arrive at a particular destination.
Unless, you change your direction.
This is where free will comes into play.
So the young man I met, I may, but free will also allows for change to take place in 'now'
but if things go naturally in the course of evolution of events, then I am connected to what will be,
not just what has been.
As you describe the future,
your laying out your road map,
which way do you wish to go,
what steps to take in that direction.
I would rather not see destruction,
so I see something beautiful that can come from all this,
and help it to grow.
Horses are amazing beings and so spiritual, it's hard to explain how you feel about horses. There a loads of people who have horses in their lives for all sorts of different reasons, and then there are those who have horses in the hearts and them there are some who ARE horse in their soul. Does that make sense?

All horses want to do is give, they ask only that you listen in return, and if you listen well enough you will know what it's all about.

Klaus Hempfling and a few others now are spreading the word about the truth of horses. His book is entitled Dancing with Horses is a beautiful book. When you ride 'properly' you and the horse are one and feel each others movement and react to it.

When I was young I used to ride my pony around the field with no saddle or bridle, I used to jump on him and go, and he would go exactly where I want, he just knew. My daughter did the same with her pony, she used to jump 4 foot fences with no tack and would ride on her pony with all the other horses loose in the field and they would all gallop around like a flock of birds in complete harmony with each other.

Horses know what you think, they pick up on such subtle body language, things that we probably are not even realising that we are displaying, their own language is so subtle too. You can lie to yourself but you can't lie to a horse. They never forget anything either, they forgive a lot thought, they have to to be able to interact with humans. The film Spirit is a great film, so is Sea Biscuit. I did not like the Horse Whisper that was a terrible film in my opinion.

I have so many memories of the things that I have done with our horses, and I don't mean competitions and winning rosettes, but things like having them in the house, joining in their games, watching them play, observing their interactions and the lessons the herd leader doles out to the naughty ones, the way they worry about each other and care when one of them is unwell. They show such devotion to each other, but they also squabble too. My boys have been together as a herd for over 12 years, that is not the norm for horses they usually get split up and spend most of their lives having to start afresh with new relationships with owners and other horses. It's a bit like moving house, changing jobs and cutting all ties with your family all in one go for them if they are sold. But for some that would be all positive if they are in the wrong home, a home that did not want to listen and learn from their horse.

This video is quite a nice one to watch, if you don't know horses that well. Tree probably won't be able to watch with his dial up, but he already knows all that the clip contains anyway.

Like Tree I have the pleasure of being able to look out of the window and see my horses, and they have let me and my daughter into their special world. You will never learn 'horse' by just riding you have to spend time with them doing what horses do, sit with them when they graze, drink with them when they drink, groom each other (that is wonderful when they first groom you back).
I hope people reading this take into consideration, I was not a horse person.
I watched Spirit (the movie) as a fiction piece, not knowing that such do exist and movies are made in a poor attempt to do justice to the truth.
Horse and human evolved together, so to not know 'horse' was to loose knowing a part, of our past, and to that precise extent, not understand something ancient, a connectedness to the history of what it means to be a human.
My own choice is a team of wolves, but life choice was for this horse to replace them.
It needed me to understand them (horses), to understand myself, to understand human evolution.
Horse knew I was coming, as did part of myself know this was in my future, but one I did not want in part, due to my love of my wolves and that companionship I have had most of my life, gone. So I did not welcome him nor want him, but life has it plans, and sometimes it shouts when I refuse to listen to it whisper.
He understands. He is my friend, and has promised me and his ancestors who sent him to me, to do us and thus himself, proud, and he does so with honor and pride.
I cannot ride him, that would be like being a passenger.
To do justice to a war horse while we dance, I must be a warrior, so the horse is as proud of me as I of him.
And what we are combined, stops traffic with mouths open wide.
I am not then just riding a horse with wide eyes and nostrils flared as if breathing fire,
We, become, a warrior and his war horse.
The two, greater than the separate parts.
If there is any truth, as it is said of me, that I am some kind of legend,
then this horse was sent to be the legend among horses.
And represent all horses, and seeks to do justice to his part, and his ancestors.
And he gives me his power, his strength, his very life, to help me fulfill what I was created to do.
If I fail, he wont have it be said, it was because of him.

And I hope Stephanie will be tolerant of our focus on the horse,
but as with so many here, who treat me with huge honor and respect, including Stephanie,
When such is done, one is compelled to return it,
And I know no other way than as a human to be a voice for a horse,
to return the honor, this horse treats me and my life with, by literally giving his life to me,
and bowing to my feet as he does so.
It would dishonor him and myself, to not return such honor in kind.
Change

I like your words Steph and they are so meaningful to my life in lots of different ways. I love change and thrive on it, my daughter does too, but my son... no, he would have to be dragged kicking and screaming towards any change in any thing in his life. So that indicates that it's not nurture it is nature that dictates out attitude towards change.
Daughter loves change? Son hates it? There is an equation for this one, mathematical:
D/C S/NC= mother goes nuts!
Not good at math myself, but I hope you get this equation.
Good luck
Keep working on the change though....perhaps starting at mealtimes? Add a sprig of parsley and ask which plate looks nicer....he just may realize that he DOES like change (and when it is HE himself it is coming from he probably will accept it better than if it is coming from dear Mom!)
Steph
TREE.....don't worry about focusing on horses....I am learning a lot this way! Thank you
for all you have done on this site!!
I finally found the Whisperers story, it's a great story and I enjoyed reading it very much. Thanks Steph
I understand the maths, I was always good at it in school. My son discovered "The Secret" all on his own and is now more open to change in every department, I had been exposing him to things like that all of his adult life but he was never interested, what made him order and buy "The Secret" all on his own I don't know, all that matters is that he did.
Thunder is so wise and noble looking, something that a lot of horses have lost. When I see pictures of competition Western Horses and some Equitation classes that you have in the USA their heads so low, in a totally unnatural position it makes me feel so sad, they are broken horses in more than one sense. We do not have any classes in the UK like that, except for the ones we have adopted from USA.

I know very little about the Morgan and the Appaloosa, a friend of mine breeds appaloosas. I believe that all Morgans decended from one super horse.

Edwin is a Red Chestnut 16 hh Thoroughbred x Connemara, bred in Ireland, Jack is a Grey 12.3 hh Welsh Section B, bred in Wales, they have a lot of Arabian in their past as do lots of Welsh ponies, and Colin who is a Welsh Section A he is only 10.2 a real little fella, he was bred in England, he is the one that can least be trusted with anyone except us and has bitten a few who thought what a cute little pony, and when he bites it's not a nip he draws blood, he is also happy to use the other ends defence/attack equipment if need be. I've got a story to tell about one time when he did used his rear cannons.

Electric Horseman is a great film, Robert Redford, it's got something for all in it.

Greyfriars Bobby is another good film if you like dogs and a true story too.
It is interesting that you call him Thunder, the description fits, I've had the name Thunderchild decades before he was born, and as he is 'family' then the truth of who he is, fits this family, because he is, a Thunderchild. And for all I know, could be "why" I was given this name.

I paid a trainer but he threatened to attack him during the first lesson and the trainer said "no way".

I have seen horses with spirits broken and it has only confused me people would wish to destroy the greatness of the gift horses give us. As if doing so makes the rider more powerful than the horse, by destroying its power.
Then the rider puts themselves above the horse, and you can not be one with something, if you are above it.
Where if I strengthen and add to the power of the spirit of the horse, I have a more powerful horse.

No less that putting others down does not make one above them,
but diminishes them as well oneself at the same time.

It is his respectfulness that makes him a legend,
If I forced that, he is a subordinate, and dishonored as if I could force and take,
and in doing so, he can then no longer 'give' because it is being 'taken'
And there is no honor in that.
No power, I have only destroyed power, and am telling myself I am strong because of how powerful a thing I have destroyed.
Like crushing a rose, then claiming I am beautiful.

His honor, is born of him showing it.
It is not the honor you receive that makes you one of high honor,
but the honor you give to others.
You then strengthen the power of those around you, by lifting them up instead of putting them down.

This too is among the lessons horses teach to humans,
that intimidation is a poor imitation for earned respect.
And you end up with less.

I think barrel races I have see when I watched TV years ago,
show more of the dance,
the performance of a horse and rider who are one with each other and share the spirit,
shows, not only in who they are together, but is what makes the difference of winning or loosing,
because it is done with heart, they have the advantage over those who seek to do so only by intimidation.

Again as any country,
to intimidate its own people into submission,
destroys the heart of the country,
destroys, its greatest competitive asset.

RSS

Latest Activity

Apolonia liked RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS's profile
Apr 24
Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022