Retro_styli_A Pictures, Images and Photos

Views: 1197

Replies to This Discussion

I used to sing this song to my son all the time, it drove him crazy at the time, he has fond memories of my singing it now, though the singing was rubbish. I also used to attempt to sing "Little Donkey" also, but that was went the kids were small.

You are right Devi....... we should have mentioned Blur before.

In the England you had to be either a Blur fan or an Oasis fan, I don't think you could be both!

Same went for the Stones and the Beatles in the 60's and 70's.

Alex is on tv quite a bit now, hosting various programmes, he did a very good documentary a while ago on the drugs trade and exposed all the pain and hurt that goes on in the countries where drugs are produced. I watched him the other evening hosting "Never Mind the Buzzcocks" and he was great, he has 4 children and he said they all think he is just a boring old farmer who plays the base! He is has a farm and makes award winning cheese.
I will try to find one for you.
I hope you manage to get yourself some. If you do let us know what it's like.
Not much to say here (not quite 'Top Hole', today).............

..............Paul and I were buddies around the time all these tracks were in the public eye, sadly no contact for years but a whole bundle of fun at the time............................I can't listen to any of his early work without huge emotions playing havoc with me. Not to do with our connections, solely from his interpretations, inflections and voice.................and also the fact they hold such relevance to me and my life. The music speaks for itself and certainly doesn't need me to 'blow it's trumpet', for it, if you'll pardon the qualocalism.

Here you are.............(Oh, and P.S..........................Sue, you really do have a Lovely and Talented Daughter, and I surely know where all her 'make-up' derives itself..............xx.).........................

And this.

You think you've got it all set up
You think you've got the perfect plan
To charm everyone you see
And playing any game you can

But I've got news for you
I hope it don't hit you too hard
One of these days while you're at play
I'm gonna catch you off guard

I'm gonna tear your playhouse down
Pretty soon
Room by room, hey

You make our lives a stress and strain
Using the power ploy
All you do is pass around
Hearts you use as play toys

You've been playing madly
With every mind in town
So what you gonna do when you look up one day
And see your playhouse tumbling down

Pretty soon
Room by room

You think you've got it all set up
You think you've got the perfect plan
To charm everyone you see
And playing any game you can

You've been playing madly
With every mind in town, oh
What you gonna do when you look up one day
And see your playhouse tumbling down

Pretty soon.
A double thanks Percy..... I loved Paul Young and am looking forward to listening to his music, his smile was so appealing and cheeky, he always had a twinkle in his eye too.

Sophie will come across your kind words when she is online next... she will blush!!!!

She is here now..... cooking our supper, she has many talents :D and is a wonderful daughter.

Hope you are feeling better, and as well as can be expected considering what you have been through lately xox
Beautiful music, really enjoyed listening.

This is my favorite, lots of memories for me,,,,,

Haha ! Great minds !...Have posted that onto the Music Group earlier. It does it for me too, Sue.
Did you.........oh dear, silly me, my brain is not getting any better ;D
No, yours was first, it's MY brain...Believe me ! (and don't reply, ok ?....No need for any sarky remarks. Don't forget I'm not very well and mustn't have any disturbing set-backs on web pages.......my doctor said !).

RSS

Latest Activity

Apolonia liked RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS's profile
Apr 24
Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022