Retro_styli_A Pictures, Images and Photos

Views: 1197

Replies to This Discussion

I find the video watching ,and I do agree with the information source by the way, gives me the insight I would not normally receive from a book/periodical....Example, the National Georgraphical and Attenborough.

Now I'm here I may as well drive everyone nuts with some more music..........
Two women this time...............................All Cried Out 1984 Top Of The Pops Alison Moyet reached No. 8 in the UK charts...........

And....Nowt t' say'cept...I go weak at the knees over Lulu....in a previous World (around,'75-ish), I shared a flat with her brother, Billy, in Kensington High Street, for a very short while (a month or two) a crazed man haha !....He did and does very well for himself within the music industry, too.........
I remember seeing this at home with my Dad, as usual, reading his paper and his Son, Baby Dreamweaver, being thrown into the arms of Love....Still there if you want me, Lulu. hahahahahah (I mean it, though!!!..That's the mad thing!).
First things first...... YES I am very proud of Sophie, she is a wonderful soul. I have a son too who is wonderful also.

I am glad that you meeting was fruitful, you are going to be busy from now on it seems.

My Grandma was quite a secretive person, so I don't know much about her really. There are several stories around my Grandad, that show his true nature, one that stands up for what he believes is right whatever the consequences would be for him.

Drummers seem to have a bad reputation... why is that?

Loved the videos. Simon MacCorkindale is doing the voice over for history one... isn't he? Sophie did a drawing for Susan George, one of her Arabian stallions. When I used to show our Weimaraners I would often see her at the shows with her Red Setters.

I went to see Rod Stewart live at a BBC Radio concert in the early 70's, I can't remember which studio it was recorded in, the ticket unit was in the same open plan office as I worked in so we got the pick of whatever tickets we wanted, I saw a few others too, Elkie Brooks, Charles Aznavour, I think I even went to see The Osmonds but not totally sure on that one, things are fading fast these days!

I loved and love Elkie Brookes...used to see her in a band with Robert Palmer, Vinegar Joe. Another that's cast off his mortal coil, I'm unhappy to say. The best dressed man in music.....
......What a really great vid, really glad you put it here, she's so good in it. She used to take her baby on tour with her. COOL !

7th track of the album "Heavy Nova" (The name "Heavy Nova" derives from Palmer's love of both heavy metal and bossa nova rhythms) released in 1988.
I always think that where there is a will there is a way, if you want to be with your kids you will find a way. I gave up work when I was pregnant and wanted to say with them and be the biggest influence in their lives, but not all Mum feel the same. My Mum always worked, that's probably why I feel like I do. My friend hated school holidays when her boys were at home, she did not give up flying until her second son was born and the cost of nannies was too hight to make it economical.

Elkie was with Vinegar Joe when I say her. Robert Palmer is a snappy dresser. Good video.
They could have made a killing, they missed an opportunity there. I don't know what carbolic smells like.

We are not allowed any Pubs in our village, there was something done a longtime ago that prohibited one being here. We have a couple of good ones on the outskirts that the locals could stagger home from if need be, but it would be a long long walk!
I always think it's a shame when stars/artists want to bury what made them famous, says a lot about their souls, they must be tormented in some way.

He has done a lot of things, and is doing well, that is good.

I bought Desiderata a while back from Ebay, was really pleased as I loved it when it was first released, got the 45.

I was lucky because one of my friends Mum's was in the music business and she got us tickets, we got to meet them and shake their hands. It was a long time ago, and to be honest I was, and still am, really more into horses, sound ungrateful don't I... though I would not wash my hand for a week, so it must have meant quite a bit to me at the time.
No, you don't, as I have seen photographs sent by Sophie and read her comments, she has an extra-ordinary Knowledge relating to equestria (which presumably you share and maybe passed down to her)....I once worked on the show Eques (not sure if that was the spelling, though), at the National Theatre, where Paul Scofield fell into the audience !
Equus is one I wouldn't want too see personally... after Daniel Radcliffe took on the role there were quite a few copycat attacks on horses so it's not my favorite play in the world :( War Horse intrigues me though, I think the "horses" are brilliant. I've read the book and although sad it is a lovely story :)
Yes, you do have a point there, about the horse damage.
It's fine by me that you keep your anonimity, it all adds to the sense of fun ;D xox
....Only just picked up on the Streatham referrence.....wasn't it the Bally High (the club/disco Fri/Sat Night nights) above the ice rink....Used to go there myself....whatever the name, and saw Desmond Decker there, plus some others (too much water under the bridge (or not enough in my whiskey) to remember, now)..................My Uncle Francis had a photographic/camera shop nearby, and my schooling, from the 2nd year, was at the Oval, down the road from Streatham, right opposite the cricket ground....Archbishop Tenison's Grammer School fot Boys !!!!...Impressive ol' name, eh ? Haha !

RSS

Latest Activity

Apolonia liked RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS's profile
Apr 24
Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022