Retro_styli_A Pictures, Images and Photos

Views: 1197

Replies to This Discussion

My trips to St Reatham have been few, it was a place that I passed through daily when I worked in London, but I think I only stopped there in the late 60's at the rink on the one occasion.

I attended Warlingham Country Secondary in my final years of attending school, I will not call it education as I don't feel I ever learnt anything, I did pass a few exams which enable me to get certain jobs, but as for educating me....... I think they feel short there.

I home educated Sophie from 11, before that she went to the Steiner school in Forest Row...... that system is not all that it's made out to be.... it's only as good as the teachers, and there a rotten teachers there too. Steiner would turn in his grave if he was aware of all the egos that are involved in his teaching methods and establishments, though I have been told by someone who would know, that Steiner will never communicate with anyone on earth after he passed on to another dimension.
'I home educated Sophie from 11, before that she went to the Steiner school in Forest Row'..................I think that commendable. It must not only make you prouder of her (and your Son, of course), but also, that education at home can and does work....It's a long time since I have come across a more caring, educated and empathic young woman...Like Mother, like Daughter.x

I had ideas relating to the rest of the paragraph, you've confirmed them. Odd fact regards Steiner's ideas around another dimension...Why not, I think there may be, ssooooo????
Thanks for the compliments, both Sophie and I are really flattered and are blushing now.

I feel the best thing for certain children is home education, I have never seen one child that is not charming and way ahead in so many ways of any that goes to prison... sorry I meant school. There are quite a lot of home ed kids now.
"Blushing" ? Coy's good...I can go for blushing, but coy's good. Haha...Compliments must be earned...you have earned more than 1 blush, Kids....more on the way...so be ready, they could strike at any moment !
We better brace ourselves, we are not used to them!!!!!!
school sucks! Pictures, Images and Photos
I like the mystery of not knowing your name... my imagination can run wild!

The Small Faces are brilliant (I'm rather retro when it comes to music!!!)

I think we have both chosen great names for ourselves :)

So do I, Sophie. I love your one...even better that I find you're female....an odd hit, there, I can tell ya....It was Leah that did it...It made me double take !...I thought you were one of 'Us' ! It was the 'flannel' (when we became 'Friends') that,not only made me laugh, at the forwardness of it (Great, great, great...Joni did the same thing with her remark to another, when she used the term 'Cracker', it really got to me 'nd I let out an unexpected burst of laughter.....and you do know what they say, doncha ?...If you can surprise yourself, just imagine how interesting you'll appear to others !!!..And it's true !, huh ?),but your return comment after I'd replied to you....You became an instant hit right then (and it made me think you were a fella.....although when I read some of your comments, to Joni, when I was on her page leaving a messsage, relating to horses, they did have a female 'feel' to them)....after that, it was reading some of your dialogue with Joni, and the photos.....A remarkable young woman, my hat comes off to you.x

PS. when I had a website I used two e- addresses ~ percythedreamweaver@thebridgeofrainbows.co.uk, and, mewithoutbobbymcgee@bootsysbunpatrol.co.uk.......................So, dig that !...and my pals avoid me..they dunno what they're missin';.HoHo !

Slaghoople.....that was Vilma Flintstone's maiden name.....Haven't found out Barbies surname yet, but I'll keep ya posted.
So you thought I was a gay man!!! lol :) That has given me a real chuckle

Not sure what to make from your addresses... apart form lots of music references... from Janis Joplin to Bootsy Collins.

Slaghoople... well Flintstone is certainly an improvement
Whilst on the era of L.D............Here's another as influential in the R&B, Blues movemet in London. This cantankerous old fart, Cyril Davies (no live footage, sorry)...................

Cyril Davies was one of the first British blues harmonica players .
In 1962 he formed Blues Incorporated with Alexis Korner along with Charlie Watts , Jack Bruce & Dick Heckstall-Smith & recorded the album R&B from the Marquee.
The band was shortlived and in November 1962 he formed Cyril Davies All Stars and recruited Long John Baldry for vocals. Occasional band members were Jeff Beck , Nicky Hopkins & Micky Waller. They recorded a handful of tracks for Pye including Country Line Special . They released two singles in 1963 -
May '63 Country Line Special/Chicago Calling
Sep '63 Preachin' The Blues/Sweet Mary
Tragically, the band proved to be short-lived when Davies succumbed to leukemia and died in January 1964 at the age of only 31.

Image at 0,41 features Davies far right with a young Mick Jagger on vocals.

Long John Baldry, unfortunatly gone now....................The girl...Samanthar Jones, from the Vernon Girls...

Thanks for the opportunity of sharing all this...and for the future.x
Thank YOU........ you are bring back so many memories, and stirring up much joy xox
Thanks for the great songs :) They are good examples of some of the different regional accents

RSS

Latest Activity

Apolonia liked RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS's profile
Apr 24
Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022