Retro_styli_A Pictures, Images and Photos

Views: 1197

Replies to This Discussion

Just been listening to the Kit Downes clip. Very good. Have you personal knowledge of him/them, Sue ? If so, do tell, Honey -Pie. Do tell.
No...... I heard Jamie Cullum mention him on "Something for the Weekend" as a great player, so I looked him up. Though you might enjoy his music........ :)
You can pick anything by these guys and it'll be fine, I just hit on these three. But ANY other'd be as good.....................................Bobby Elliot. A fine drummer...............

Listen to the lyrics).............

I'm off. Ta Ta.x
I like The Hollies very much... the video clip no.2 reminds me of when I used to play darts in a local pub to my boyfriends house. It was a great pub, the landlord was insane...... he really was. I was in one of the darts teams, we were not very good, but we had a great deal of fun. The pub on the opposite site of the road had bar billiards and sometimes we would go there to "play". This small town had 7 pubs at the time, I think it still has at least 6 of them!!!!
Hi ian....... Percy is in hospital at the moment and taking it easy for a few days so you might not get an answer as quickly as you normally would from Percy.
Yes, Ian, I do, though neither where my groups of choice so to speak. Principal Edward's was an excellent concept and I agree with all John Peel had to say with regards to 'em. They where advanced in their musical wavelengths. Wouldn't stand a chance with the way things have evolved within the entertainment world of today. If only those heady days of the past could be recaptured.

Quintessence, from Portobello Road squatter fraternity, if I remember correctly, are still Hippying away and doing what they did best. Using rhythms and chants mainly drawn from Indian/Eastern musical forms and mixing those in with a certain Englishness. Another of John Peel's labours of Love.

('Some early footage of the band, filmed at the Glastonbury festival in 1971).

Ian, do you ever have the chance to tune into Radio2, Saturday mornings ? There's a show, Sounds of the Sixties, hosted by Brian Mathews (remember him ?). It may be 'right up your alley', if you don't mind the colloquialism.

If you have a search through this page of the England Group you may well find quite a few snippets. Same goes for the Group as a whole.

Be seein' ya.

Just a couple more clips before I go, though............................

A quick p.s..............I saw both P.E.M.T., and Q. on several occasions (you couldn't go to a free gig or festival without bumping into one or both of 'em. Same went for the Third Ear Band....saw them twice in ONE DAY !!!!...First at the Blind Faith Hyde Park gig, then later at the, what was then named, The London College of Printing, Elephant & Castle, Blodwyn Pig gig..they certainly moved about, haha)..................The clip above, I was at, and so thought I'd add this first one from the same festival, with some blurb that I posted with it when I first sent the thing to Joni, one of my Friends here on iPeace..........................

( At 5:27am on September 20, 2009, Percy the Dreamweaver said...............…You dig other's music, right?..Well get a load of this, Terry Reid....I was at this. I was 20 and had just come back from South Africa for the Festival, before I flew back (made my f****** arms ache, I can tell ya'!!) to get married (so I tried my damn best to make the last days of my so loved freedom go off with a BAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!.Oh I did, Joni, I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!) which is now MASSIVE!!...Have you heard of the Glastonbury Festival?...Anyway, back to my diatribe...........I used to follow T.R. from '68, his band was called, Hard Meat, (that hat was his fave, I saw 'im innit loads............also that ciggie the drummer was smokin', around 44secs in, must've been to strong a tobacco, that's why he passed it to his mate, that's all I can think anyway,)...Jimmy Page asked him before Robert Plant to sing for Led Zep, but he was in your good ol' Country on tour and said,"Try R.P.", who was playing with John Bonham in the Band of Joy..before that he [ R. P.] was in The Crawling Snakes which is where he met J. B....(And so History was being made)...at that time. He was also asked by John Lord to do the same for Deep Purple, but they had t' settle for Ian Gillan!!!.......I've more info but should be asleep by now but am doin' this first.......Byeeeeee..............The chick's Linda Lewis..still cool today..who says the good die young............).

Hope you like this next one. Some great guitar from S.W., nice to see the late Jim Capaldi getting his rocks off with the tambourine, too !...........................Can't remember whether I've already posted these here. If I have...........................c'est la vie, huh ? Haha....................

Here you go, Ian........P.E.M.T............................

Life after Principal Edwards.

Since the 1970s, members' fortunes have varied greatly. Singer Martin Stellman directed Denzil Washington in For Queen and Country, David Jones ran a community centre, and Root Cartwright became a gardener and photographic artist. Bindy Bourquin and Richard Jones married and both went into teaching. Jones plays in two bands: The Climax Ceilidh Band and Meridian.

Jeremy Ensor toured (as sound engineer/tour manager) with the likes of Deep Purple, Fleetwood Mac, and Greenslade (co-producing two of their LPs) and then worked as an A&R man for CBS and Phonogram Records. He currently lives in North London and is an IT consultant.

Chris Runciman is still on the road as a tour manager/production manager and sound and lights engineer for Jackson Browne, Steve Earle, and James Taylor. He has recently been working as a technical consultant to Sir George Martin on the island of Montserrat.

Les Adey was the lighting technician for Genesis.

Serious illness and breakdowns have befallen some of the other former members, and dancer John McMahon Hill and the angelic-voiced Vivienne McAuliffe are both deceased.

..........All very talented people, eh ?

How about this fantastic band..................Also from that same Glastonbury ! What a ******* weekend !!!!!!!!..........

So what ?.....................I love it ! Hahaha.
I loved this song too........ it can't fail to make you happy.

I watched "Happy Feet" a few weeks ago, I had not seen it before, it's a great film.
Good song...... I've never been to the Lake District.......... nice to take a trip there watching the video.

RSS

Latest Activity

Apolonia liked RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS's profile
Wednesday
Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022