Any problems, feedbacks or suggestions should be posted here.

Views: 181

Replies to This Discussion

I agree Brian, many times I wish I could IM someone to ask them if they want to Welcome or to ask them if I can welcome. "Sounds Good" to Me. Also if You see something wrong with a new member You can instantly give a heads up to whoever is Welcoming. Right now all I have to go on is the online board. I see they are here on iPeace, but I don't know their intentions. Love & Peace, Al
hi all

maybe we can arrange a skype conference call when we can all chat together

share your thoughts
SKYPE is cool! I wish someone would guide me through this
practice period via SKYPE!
Dear welcoming team,
I'm still struggling with the welcoming code.Anybody who can guide me
like a child through this one, I'd be very grateful. love, dahli.
Historically the Welcome Team has been dominated two or three very active individuals. The result of that has been that (some) new members feel that their efforts are not valued.

I'd like to propose that no one person should be active for any more than one hour. After that hour has elapsed the active person must stop and indicate that on the wall. That individual should not start welcoming again after at least a four hour break from welcoming.

What do other team members think of this proposal?
I disagree until You get enough people to handle this, as I feel it's very important to get the joining individual asap and preferably while they are online. I have no problem with someone sending Me a message that they would like to Welcome and I gladly would oblige that individual. I also feel some more personal messages to the new member would be nice, instead of just the official one, as it would make the individual feel more personally Welcomed.
Back to the time limit, I have no problem if there is someone to take over Welcoming, when I have reached the time limit, but do We have 24 active Welcomers, because it bothers Me like heck, when a new member is on and there is no one Welcoming. Personally I like to say I don't like the word dominate, as I provide a loving service, as does Maria and today Brian did a long stretch. Why is that, because no one else is available. Enough said by Me. "Good Luck" with this Dream, at this moment. Peace, Al
I guess I'm not done. The Welcoming Team is the first line of defense against would be spammers, child perverts, sex addicts, sex providers. I my self have encountered all types and reported them and got them removed very quickly. When I welcome someone I check out there profile and I know who needs to be watched or reported. This is a Welcome Team Family in a iPeace Family. Please I don't want too many Rules Rules Rules...Everywhere there are Rules..Don't do this Don't do that..Isn't that how the song goes...Oh know it's Signs Signs Signs....same thing. This is a very important job and should be someone around 24/7 or as much as possible.oh I guess You wouldn't need 24 welcomers, if everything was going according to the time schedule. Then again who is going to wait 4 hous and then come back for one. C'mon, does anybody want that? We'll see.Peace, Al
i agree Maria. Hopefully We can achieve that, as I had said. We want to make them feel that this is the place to be. I'm always glad when I see people active and when someone returns and said that they missed this place. I want iPeace to be Special, as We move forward with Our Peace Movement. It's growing and I want iPeace to be a big factor in this Peace process. We just got to work on it and sometimes I get a little carried away, but this is just My nature. It must be My Aries horns. But I'm Evolving also. I'm talking to Chaim, that's something. LOL Loving You My Welcoming Family. Hippy Al
Yes Maria,

Of coiurse we want an active team. And new people should Ideally be welcomed soon after they join.

Another problem we have is that inactive members cannot be deleted they can only be banned. That is a Ning technical issue.
"This is an active group, that is the reason why any member that remains inactive for one month or more, without justification, will be automatically banned from the welcome team. The members removed that want to return to the team may do it by contacting any of the administrators of the team".

So ban them. You have the explanation in the rules of the Welcome Team. I see no problem, as the guidelines have been posted. You can "individually" ban someone, right?
Sounds Good to Me. I see the Leave Group button. Yes, send a message to all of them, asking if they want to be active members of the group, maybe using this message We are active volunteers from all over the world who welcome new members to the iPeace network. We use a pre-written message - you do NOT write your own. We work from 5 minutes to a few hours at a time several times a week or more often when we find it necessary. We don’t have rigid schedules and all help is much appreciated! in the guidelines of what a member needs to do, but then again some of them might not respond and remove themselves, so then to take them off the Welcome Team, I guess then they have to be banned. Right?
For now, I am the only remotely active administrator of the Welcome Team. That must also change soon as I am not always available. Those members who are active now know that there are certain issues that have to be resolved. Initially, I just reactivated all formally banned members. Based upon the suggestions above here is what I suggest as the next formal step. I intend to send this to all current members:

You are now one of the 146 current members of the iPeace Welcome Team. Only about three members are really active now. For more information, see http://www.ipeace.me/group/welcometeam. If you do not intend to be active in that group soon, please indicate that by pressing the Leave Group button on the right.

Thanks and be well...
The administrators of the iPeace Welcome Team

Is this OK with everyone? If notr, please discuss.

Once we have hopefully nudged some dormant members back to activity, we can then discuss the next step(s).

RSS

Latest Activity

Apolonia liked RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS's profile
Apr 24
Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022