This group has many administrators who can and may need to act before consulting the other administrators. For transparency and many other practical reasons please record your administration-related concerns and actions here.

Please note that the most recent new entry will always be on the last page of this discussion. That is how the Ning discussion mechanism works.

2009 November 14

The Welcome Team members with administrator privileges are listed below:

iPeace administrators who can grant or revoke Welcome Team administrator privileges:
== Christopher Stewart
== David Califa
== Gordon J Millar

Active Welcome Team administrators:
== Les Derbyshire
== Maria Shipka
== Paul RETI
== Sue
== Vicky Fornes

Not so active Welcome Team administrators:
== Benedict Schüssler (not active now)
== dahli R (not very active now)
== Easy (not active now)
== Kumud (not very active now)
== Patricia Mostyn (not active now)

Views: 401

Replies to This Discussion

Why should having inactive members bother anyone as the long as the work is getting done?
I agree now, as I slept on it.

and I woke up to three nice visual pictures & sayings from Kumud, among others.

Hi Al and Paul,

Nice thinking while sleeping, Al.
I am not always as active as I would like to be-with a house full of 13 yr olds I spend a lot of time being chauffeur, moderator, tutor, and mom. I also get migraines frequently and can't see or think well during those spells.

that being said, the times i am on as welcomer, I love it. I have an opportunity to be a part of the organization and i get to the network more often. I would be very disappointed to be dropped if I was, for all the reasons above and life in general, not to be on for awhile. Also, the have been occasions this summer when I came on, and someone else was welcoming and I wasn't needed.

I can see upgrading the welcoming list to eliminate people who are no longer part of iPeace or not present for 6 months to a year just to clean up the list, not to chastise anyone for inactivity.

Again, my 5cents worth,
Elizabeth
Thanks Elizabeth. That is just one reason why "banning" is not a good idea.

The membership of people who are no longer members of iPeace is automatically deleted when they leave iPeace.
2009 November 14

The Welcome Team members with administrator privileges are listed below:

iPeace administrators who can grant or revoke Welcome Team administrator privileges:
== Christopher Stewart
== David Califa
== Gordon J Millar

Active Welcome Team administrators:
== Les Derbyshire
== Maria Shipka
== Paul RETI
== Sue
== Vicky Fornes

Not so active Welcome Team administrators:
== Benedict Schüssler (not active now)
== dahli R (not very active now)
== Easy (not active now)
== Kumud (not very active now)
== Patricia Mostyn (not active now)
Thanks for the promotion whoever made me adimin!!!!!...... :D
I've thought about it now, and thank you very much but I do not want to be part of the admin on the welcome team.

I still want to carry on doing the welcoming but as an 'ordinary' member of the team.

So can whoever promoted me remove me from the list of administrators.
I have posted this on Davids page..... as I am not a friend of his I could not send it privately.

Thank you for making me admin of welcome team, but I don't wish to be as I will feel I would be tempted to ban all those who do not participate in actually doing the welcoming!

I have strong feelings on the subject and think that there should be several changes to the group, some of my feelings I have already posted in the groups discussions.

This is one that I have not posted.....

I think the group should be restarted and made a private group, invitation only, that is not something that I would generally agree with but I don't think that a group that is doing the official welcoming should be one that anyone can just join and also one that anyone can just log on to and view all the comments that team members post.

So could you please remove me from being admin of the group, I still want to be part of the welcome team but as for being part of an administration that does not do any pruning or spring cleaning..... that's not for me.
Hi Sue,

The only problem with banning is that someone who is now inactive may not rejoin unless the "ban" is lifted.

I think that any group admin privileges of inactive members should be revoked. None of us can do that only those who are iPeace admins.

I personally prefer to see a public record of what this group thinks or does. Private correspondence between members always was and will be possible.

But these are not my decision. It should be made by the active members of the group.

Those are, for now, my thoughts on the general subject.
A banned person can always request to be reinstated if they wanted to.

From what I can see being a member of admn is no different from being an 'ordinary' member except for the banning option!

I also don't think it's nice that a new members first impression of ipeace may be seeing a comment about a spammer on the home page, but perhaps that's just my way of thinking.
Dear Sue, A administrator can do many things more, you are a very creative
I'd like to do many changes but I' can not do it, because I do not write English
properly
Smiles..
OK Vicky, I will stay for you. I better tell David...... good job it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind!

RSS

Latest Activity

Apolonia liked RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS's profile
Apr 24
Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022