This group has many administrators who can and may need to act before consulting the other administrators. For transparency and many other practical reasons please record your administration-related concerns and actions here.

Please note that the most recent new entry will always be on the last page of this discussion. That is how the Ning discussion mechanism works.

2009 November 14

The Welcome Team members with administrator privileges are listed below:

iPeace administrators who can grant or revoke Welcome Team administrator privileges:
== Christopher Stewart
== David Califa
== Gordon J Millar

Active Welcome Team administrators:
== Les Derbyshire
== Maria Shipka
== Paul RETI
== Sue
== Vicky Fornes

Not so active Welcome Team administrators:
== Benedict Schüssler (not active now)
== dahli R (not very active now)
== Easy (not active now)
== Kumud (not very active now)
== Patricia Mostyn (not active now)

Views: 401

Replies to This Discussion

I wanted and want ALL WELCOME-TEAM-related issues to discussed openly here and not by a private group of self-anointed in-people.
I'm not going to respond to any of this. All I have to say, is there is a new member waiting to be Welcomed and a Welcome Team member is online and doesn't Welcome then I will and not just a Personal Welcome, as that is what I could do, but there is important info in the official Welcome that should be made available asap and to also check out the character of future new members and I also feel the official welcome should be the first thing on their page, not a personal Welcome. As far as Your other comments, it's not worth it to explain My position and I will delete that message on the Team board asap,when I feel My other Team members have read it, with possible comments, but I do agree with Your discussing matters here. Peace, Al
I have deleted My comment, which is below, from the Welcome Team message board.My comment on the Team message bordExcuse Me Paul, I think You have that wrong, as I am doing the work that has to be done and I knew You wouldn't go over Your self imposed 2 hour limit. Again You bring it to this board instead of personally sending Me a message
"I wonder whether we can rely on Hippy Al to do all the welcoming from now on"
I feel there are others, that will still Welcome.
"We work from 5 minutes to a few hours at a time several times a week or more often when we find it necessary. We don’t have rigid schedules and all help is much appreciated!"
I guess I can assume You didn't write this or this "or just unwind and relax with the friends you make here."
As long as You don't unwind too much, causing friction or heaven should be, post visual pictures with nice sayings & thoughts. "Sorry" for the Friction." and Why do You just pick on Me personally, as others have done the same as Me and I applaud them for Welcoming new members asap.. Happy Trails" & "Happy Welcoming"
Happy or Hippy Al and by the way You still have control of that Banning Button."Good Morning Everyone"......"Smile" & "Enjoy the Day"
This statement was after this one posted by Paul
Was called away over an hour ago. Happy Al is welcoming and doing all the work. Oh well. Dr.B.M.Saraiya is the last one Hippy Al welcomed.

I wonder whether we can rely on Hippy Al to do all the welcoming from now on.
The Welcome Team should be essentially self managed. How can WE ALL make that so?

I'd prefer that people respond here publicly. Those unwiling to do so can contact me privately.
I believe that basically, if we let it flow, like i think we have so far, it willl work just fine.
There are exceptions to the rule, but we are better off not dwelling on those.
With love and appreciation to iPeace and the Welcome Team,
dahli
I believe that this group can be self-manageable .. if its members work in a orderly way, I've been interrumpted by other members several times while welcoming (nothing serious). It is always important, before starting to welcome, to go through the comment wall indicating that you are going to start to work (not vice versa as some of the members do).

To allow everyone to participate strengthens the team. Now, we have a great team and we must take care to respect the others and not to give too much importance to small problems. To many personal discussions are not good for the image of the site. If we love the peace we must learn to work in peace.
To My Welcome Team Family, seeing that everything is going smoothly, I, with My friction will stay on the Welcome Team and do My own personal Welcoming, with an occasional official Welcoming, if I feel I'm AOK to do so, as this is where I am now, as I don't know if it's OK to Welcome, as it seems only certain rules apply just to Me and I am the only one who gets chastised.
I Hope You All know I Love You, but as I said & others, that We are All different in Our views, but We All want Peace. I agree and the Peace for All, will be if I stay off doing official Welcoming, which isn't My cup of tea really, but it is an important job and I took it as so.
Peace to All. Love Motorcycle Hippy Al
Using Skype for Welkcome Team meetings.

Brian proposed this and invited Pied Skyper (Les) to help. Les, Brian and I managed to talk easily using Skype about 12 hours ago. Les sorted out the technical issues. And offered to help others.

Conference calls using Skype work. The issues are finding a suitable time for all those who want to join in.

1. What would and could such conferences be used for and achieve?
  2. Who here is interesed in joining such onferences?

If there is interest, my understanding is that Brian would (help) to facilitate such conferences.
I have sent al members of the Welcome Team a message about this.
Sounds very nice for building closer team spirit. I would like to be a part. (Though not sure if I can contribute substantially). But atleast want to give it a try. :)

Kindly keep us updated on this. Thanks.
Yes. BUT.

Discusions like this need little coordination and are an unambiguous record of who thinks what and why. I understand that talking feels much better for most people. Also some people whose English is not excellent my find talking in English hard.

See google translations (http://translate.google.com.au/?hl=en&tab=wT#) of the above below.
SPANISH

Sí. Pero.

Debates como éste necesita poca coordinación y sin ambigüedades son un registro de lo que piensa y por qué. Entiendo que se siente mucho mejor hablar de la mayoría de la gente. Asimismo, algunas personas cuyo Inglés no es mi excelente encontrar difícil hablar en Inglés.

RSS

Latest Activity

Apolonia liked RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS's profile
Apr 24
Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022