This group has many administrators who can and may need to act before consulting the other administrators. For transparency and many other practical reasons please record your administration-related concerns and actions here.

Please note that the most recent new entry will always be on the last page of this discussion. That is how the Ning discussion mechanism works.

2009 November 14

The Welcome Team members with administrator privileges are listed below:

iPeace administrators who can grant or revoke Welcome Team administrator privileges:
== Christopher Stewart
== David Califa
== Gordon J Millar

Active Welcome Team administrators:
== Les Derbyshire
== Maria Shipka
== Paul RETI
== Sue
== Vicky Fornes

Not so active Welcome Team administrators:
== Benedict Schüssler (not active now)
== dahli R (not very active now)
== Easy (not active now)
== Kumud (not very active now)
== Patricia Mostyn (not active now)

Views: 401

Replies to This Discussion

HINDI

हाँ. परन्तु.

यह छोटी समन्वय की जरूरत है और जो सोचता है की एक सुस्पष्ट रिकॉर्ड कर रहे हैं जैसे Discusions क्या है और क्यों. मुझे लगता है कि सबसे अधिक लोगों के लिए अच्छी बात को समझते हैं. अंग्रेजी मुश्किल में बात कर मिल मेरी उत्कृष्ट नहीं भी कुछ लोग जिनकी अंग्रेजी है.
SLOVAK

Áno. VUT.

Diskusie takhle malú potrebu koordinácie a jednoznačnú záznam o tom, kto si myslí, že to, čo a prečo. Pochopil som, že hovorím cíti oveľa lepšie, je pre väčšinu ľudí. Tiež niektorí ľudia, ktorých angličtina nie je moje vynikajúce nájsť hovoriť v angličtine tvrdá.
HUNGARIAN

Igen. De.

Fórum, mint ez a kis koordináció szükséges, és egyértelműen rögzíti, aki azt hiszi, mi és miért. Tudomásul veszem, hogy sokkal jobban érzi magát beszél a legtöbb ember. Emellett egyes emberek, akiknek az angol nem talál kiváló én beszélek angolul kemény.
and so on.
I am wondering also why the need for a conference call. I have Skype-never used it since my sound card wasn't working for a long time. But what would a conference call among welcoming team members be about? I don't see a need to develop a set schedule, this admin discussion seems to cover most issues that come up, every time I am here, I check to see if someone is welcoming-and if not and I am able, I log in and log out when I need to leave. I just don't see what would need to be a general group need for conference call. Possibly if something arises that should involve the entire group-but those issues would be more incidental and not need a weekly or scheduled skype call, rather an occasional notice of "hey folks, conference call to deal with....... whatever the issue may be.

Just my 5 cents worth.

I like the informality of the group, it seems to flow, there appears to be someone available when needed, and all the welcoming comments appear warm, loving, peaceful. I like the pictures and graphics people add-I feel good when someone adds one to my page, I'm sure other people feel similar. Keep the freedom and the free flow, add conferencing when needed, if needed.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth, I agree and "Thank You" for Your 5 cents worth. It used to be just my 2 cents worth, but I guess with inflation it's up to 5 cents worth

I do wish there was some type of IM (Instant Messaging) service, so when I see a fellow team member online I can find out their intentions on Welcoming or I can get their attention to discuss something with them.But no big deal if We just remember Our function here is to get the official Welcome to new members asap and I sure do Love the increase of personal Welcome messages, even though the loss of Ana as a Welcome Team Family Member & Friend will be missed by Me. Love & Peace, Al
Dear Al,

Every team member is responsible for their own actions. We all work different ways. No one person can do it all. In the past certain very active team members who by their persitent presence implicititly discouraged others from contributing.

That is why I proposed the once a day for no more than 2 hours convention that you find so objectionable.

Yes, I am also very sorry that Ana left. Initally Ana was very active. She cut back to allow others opprtunities. She was underwhelmed when others did not do the same. It seemed to me that you and Ana had a misunderstanding. She was gone a few minutes after that. That is her call.

Be well...
=PmR
Paul, Who does it discourage from Welcoming? I do not do it all by Myself, but if there is someone that needs to be Welcomed and no one is Welcoming "I will Welcome them" as that is why I'm here and I always want it to be knowned that if someone wants to Welcome, while I am welcoming, drop Me a personal message and I'll gladly let You do so, as My concern is that new members get checked out and are Welcomed as soon as possible. Are We not the Welcoming Team Family? and isn't it Our privilege to Welcome new members to Our iPeace Family?
If we go by Your 2 hour rule, there is a 6-8 hour gap when most of the Team is sleeping. Just Vicky & I are awake,but one of Us, or both of Us, might not be available. So does that mean no new members get Welcomed for that time or a spammer, a deviant or somebody that shouldn't be Welcomed and should be reported has free range to do their thing. "Sorry" I disagree and I do find it objectionable, as You should being Our Administrator.
As far as Ana, She was My Friend and We had NO MISUNDERSTANDING. She and I corresponded personally with each other in a Friendly Loving way. Did You correspond with Her like that?

Many thanks for everything, Alan.

Keep your joy.

Be well.

Loving you, Ana

I wish I knew this was Her farewell message to Me, and to iPeace & the Welcome Team Family, and I'm upset that I didn't know it was, as being Her Friend, I would of responded earlier, and tried to help Her, as that is what Friends do.

I guess We had Our talk Paul, unfortunately it is here on this board and not in Our own Personal Messaging Board.

"Peace be with You Paul", as it is with Me, Al
Hi Al,

I know Ana from elsewhere and to the best of my knowledge all our contacts have been really very friendly. I understand and respect and value what she does and how he does it. . I have Ana's private email address on a system that spat the dummy. I am trying to recover all the data on that system.

I understand the time gaps Al. Everone does. We have Welcome Team members from the Americas who are not as active as we'd all like. I am trying to encourage them by giving them space. We are unfortunately not inundated by lot's of new members to iPeace. I am just trying to cover the gaps, when I can.

I tried to talk to you privately, That did no work out. Sorry...

I realy would just like to take a back seat role here. None of us have time for long discusions like this. That was one reason why Vicky decided to stop being an admin and left the group. I am gald that Vicky is back and I respect her.
Should we ban inactive members?

Al wrote at http://www.ipeace.me/xn/detail/2217368:Comment:1934444:

I am curious when We are going to implement this policy, This is an active group. That is why any member who remains inactive for one month or more, without justification, may be banned from the welcome team. Members so removed who want to return to the team may do it by contacting any of the site administrators( by the way, these are not listed and shouldn't somebody take over this page, as Linda is long gone),as I find it silly, that these members are still listed, while there are active members that should be moved up and really show who the Welcome Team is. Just imho (In My honest opinion) Bottom line is this Group Page needs refreshing. Peace, Al
I agree Al that "the Group Page needs refreshing"

The group has come alive since I reinstated the inactive members. Some have come back. There are at least six people now who are consistently active, and more than 10 who have been active in the past months or so..

I am not convinced that the original policy of banning inactive members was sensible. I also know that certain members were banned by some previous admins (who are no longer active members here) for capricious reasons. Returning members were horrified to find all traces of their work gone.

What do others think?
I am curious when We are going to implement this policy, This is an active group. That is why any member who remains inactive for one month or more, without justification, may be banned from the welcome team. Members so removed who want to return to the team may do it by contacting any of the site administrators( by the way, these are not listed and shouldn't somebody take over this page, as Linda is long gone),as I find it silly, that these members are still listed, while there are active members that should be moved up and really show who the Welcome Team is. Just imho (In My honest opinion) Bottom line is this Group Page needs refreshing. Peace, Al
PS. You mean when You ban someone from here they lose all their iPeace info or just the I will Welcome & the last one Welcomed info. If that is all they lose. "No big deal" They are not active members. A lot of members I see, are active on iPeace, but not here and then some are not active at all or have been in quite awhile. I feel We need to get only the active members of the Team posted, as I said before, and if someone gets banned. They can ask for membership again and then You see if they are active. "Sounds Simple to Me". How long do We wait for these people that haven't done anything in ages or not at all?

RSS

Latest Activity

Apolonia liked RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS's profile
Apr 24
Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile
Feb 2, 2022