Nothing exists without its opposite.

Only those who experienced darkness can fully appreciate the light.

Day would not exist without night, joy only as a concept in opposition to grief, Love is also defined on the basis of its opposite, hatred. Happiness would not exist if not as many people lived as unfortunate.

To just mention a few… Everything we value in life has its price and its back in its opposite from what the positive come to be called. Maybe something to remember.

I like many others love the colours of life, but I’m well aware that the colours of everyday life for a large number of people are limited to gray and black. The white light isn’t capable to penetrate the impenetrable darkness

What I'm trying to say? Yes how can we help all those who cannot see the light and therefore have no colours either in their lives? Only telling them that colours, light and love do exist cannot be enough.

How did you all overcome your dark ”shadows” and how did you find this overwhelming light with its beautiful colours? Is a strong believe in God a requirement?

I really wish that we could talk a bit more about ”the way” and the ”means” How to advance from ”grey to violet ” It is not always the goal but the path that is important I wish that we could share THOSE experiences with each other. So all those who went wrong in their own darkness got necessary light.

So Please; Tell us ”your way” to light, colors and love

Views: 426

Replies to This Discussion

See you later Imelda and thanks for the discussion so far *smile*
I will look at at it later. Now the summer is almost here in Sweden it`s so wonderful Now I have all the light and warmth i need :) we have been looking so long for this season so we have to profit on it and be outside the most time possible. Thats why my i will not stay too long in front of the computer.

Have a nice weekend/Gunilla `
Thank you imelda.

Yes the sun came to us just in one for me import period in my life. So I`m thankful for the warmth, and the light. The spring are whispering of a coming summer. We are living in the countryside with appletrees and flowers and i have a bird-tree full of singing birds . That´s lovely What more is there to wish...*smile*
Yes I do wish that every one had a "bird tree" of their own...
HI all!
Well, I guess I'm a "dark kind" of person.. I often perceive the dark shadow around me and I allow it -this mix of strange feelings, fears and pains- to come in and take me company..so when the sun shines again it's brightest than ever.
Hallo Beatrice and welcome to this group where we do not have to shine all the time ;)
Daring to admit the darkness in general and our own dark shadows in particular is for me the first step to really appreciate the light. How can we experience it and enjoy it if we do not know its opposite? *smile*

Thank You Beatrice. Your words made me feel less alone ;)
This imelda was really a fascinating description of how it can be possible to find its own way our of darkness and into the light. Yes You should add this as a discussion of its own so more people are able to read it.
"....It is in the sharing of these truths unfolding that we find the sweet nectar of self-love" I loved that expression of yours *smile* ...the nectar of self-love... it`s like poetry to me.
Yea you have a beautiful style of writing...

Yes you seem very convinced in your believe. But If you for example always have pain in your body because of bad health its maybe not so easy.´They say " a healthy person have many wishes a sick person have just one" So the conditions of life can be so different...

Any way I´m thankful that your shared this your strong opinion with us. showed us in a convincingly way that there are ways out...

Thank you Imelda and have a nice weekend/Gunilla
Yes that`s a sad story. But he seems anyway to have ambitions since he now even find a way to use Internet.
I do not know how to best support all these poor people from Africa. And I understand your worries since you seem to know him more personally and stories like his can break ones heart.

So sorry I have no good answer to give you...
The whole Africa needs a "brighter tomorrow". It´s a totally forgotten continent. We should all in the west be ashamed. for having closed our eyes for so long.
I added a comment on his page and send a friend request. So I maybe will get to know him a bit more.
It`s such a sad story you are telling.

Have a nice day /Gunilla
I have just made him my friend and he has wrote me a mail and wanted to know a little about me. I hope this is not considered as any kind of promises, since I haven`t given anyone and I can not.. Friendshaip is all I can offer 'smile*

Take care imelda/Gunilla
I`m psychicly in a mess waiting for two operations to be done. So I`m here just to try to repress the pain and the worries.
So I´m sorry.. if we had meet when i was in your age i could have been more active and helped more. Now I use my force to support one day at a time.

Then I have so many children that need me too and I feel that I cannot even live up to their needs because of my bad health.
So i tell already now that I cannot engage myself in more new people since I do a lousy job already with people I have around me.
I want so much but have to realize that I have done my part...If not a miracle arrive and give me a little of my health back :)

Hope you understand Imelda. To have to constatte this fact is something sorry in itself. But I have to accept it I work on it and I try to enjoy that I still can write and therefore be here...

Good luck with your attempts. Glad that there are people like you who do not only care but also trying to do something concrete.

Once I belonged to those...*smile*
Kram/Gunilla
To Imelda. Took me 60 years and my health to learn how to say NO :)
I`m still not very good at it. I want so much ....and I have a hard time to accept my present situation. Working on it *smile*

Kram/Gunilla
How nice we are in the same age *smile*
Take it as a compliment that I thought you was much younger ;)
But now yow maybe have to slow down a bit seems that you are always in such a hurry 'smile*

Take good care/Gunilla

RSS

Latest Activity

Apolonia liked RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS's profile
Wednesday
Lucy Williams updated their profile
Jul 5, 2023
Sandra Gutierrez Alvez updated their profile
Oct 1, 2022
DallasBoardley updated their profile
Feb 8, 2022
RADIOAPOLLON1242 AIGOKEROS PANOS updated their profile