1) No one but my Family knows that I have a very Green Thumb..I can grow anything I set in the ground..A gift from My Grandparents who were organic earth lovers long before it was fashionable to be..We cured smoked preserved virtually everything..Their homemade Iced Tea Lemonade and Ice Cream recipes are still part of the early Family secrets in my care...shhhh don't say that to loud..
2) I have always had many different pets from dogs cats to iguanas I also once raised purebred Alaskan Malamutes
3) I love to go back home to Alaska in the winter time..My favorite other place to visit It is still my other home..
4) I love all types of Photography..It is one of my many interests
5) I was raised by many family friends in the music business..Music is another of my many interests..I taught myself to play drums keyboards bass saxophone harmonica congas timbales and trombone
6) Things I have learned about myself I can build tear apart tear up or figure out how to drive just about anything
7) A very dear friend who shall remain nameless once bet me I could not read every book in the local library when we were 10 year olds during our summer break..He and I spent six very long weeks but we went everywhere in the world..Without ever leaving the Library..He lost very badly..But was a good sport and a gracious loser..We both were the only 2 kids carrying around a dictionary to quickly lookup and master every nuance of words..
8) I have driven from Alaska to Miami Florida twice..in the Winter and the Spring..I love traveling by auto rv or train
9) A dear friend of mine who is a Bush Pilot in Alaska has flown me into some of the most breath taking places in Alaska perhaps some day I will post some short clips of these videos..From our excursions and adventures..
10) I love Offshore Powerboat Racing and I am event Photographer for two sanctioning bodies during racing season
11) I am a partially retired former TV Producer-Director..This is still an active passion for me..now I just do what I want to enjoy..Love all the new technology
12) The coldest temperature I have ever been working in minus 100 degrees with wind chill factored in..In Alaska..
13) I have always built my own computers..I love to tear things apart..even if I cannot always put them back together..haha
14) I have several friends who are motorcycle aficionados..They build motorcycles from scratch..I photograph them..Perhaps I will post some photos someday
15) I figured out how to drive my Grandfathers car at 3yrs of age with his help..and when he was not paying attention and left me sitting in the car..Pushed the button that cranked it up Since it was a column shift When I stood up and grabbed it and promptly ran it into our house..My dear badly shaken grandmother was really not impressed or amused..My grandfather couldn't stop laughing after they all came running out the house to see what had happened..true story
16) Things that should have killed me..if my angels were not there..Several near misses flying blind in Alaska..
Whiteouts..Blizzards..Avalanches..Erupting volcanoes..Earthquakes..Being in the wrong places during Alaska Spring breakups..and high tides..Several tornadoes..way to many hurricanes..Several of the worst electrical storms known to man..in Florida and Texas..Softball size hail..being in the wild with some of the most beautiful and deadly species on the planet..Photographing and Videographing Alaska's awesome natural wildlife in their native element..
17) Things I do not recommend..Hanging out of Helicopters Flying planes and other assorted high speed moving objects to get certain shots..While depending completely on the tethered hooks straps and harnesses made by people you never met..and hoping silently that they were not hungover, mad at the company or intoxicated the day they made the stuff your life is now so haphazardly dependent on..
18) Hiking on a few glaciers..Slipped and cut my wrist.On the glacier cuts can be very dangerous...For the ice can be very sharp..However without knowing it..The glacier was so cold I did not start bleeding..Until i was back in my vehicle and my body temperature eventually returned to normal..
19) Geez only five more to go..Whats one of the craziest thing I have ever done that I can talk about here..True story..My brother one year older than I was an over the road truck driver..he asked me to accompany him from Miami to Chicago to California..to break in his pride and joy..I drove from Miami to Chicago then from Chicago to Denver..Where he began to drive..Right outside of Denver on I-70 is the Rocky Mountains..It was near dark..I climbed into the sleeper of his custom built Peterbilt fully loaded..and promptly fell asleep..After about 15min or so he began to call my name rather excitedly telling me that I had better wake up..
Half sleep he quietly but very quickly informed me that we had no brakes..and we were running about 80+ mph..Coming down the steepest mountain..We immediately notified the State Police and all the other Truckers via cb radio of our predicament..which was Not a good thing..80,000 lbs of Truck with no brakes running over 80 mph..We only had two options we were quickly informed by everyone listening including many Truckers and the State Police..What our options were..Option #1 they have what is called emergency runaway vehicle ramps which were recently constructed for just such occasions..Soft gravel filled ramps designed to absorb and neutralize a vehicles speed if everything is done just right..Problem #1 was while they were telling this to us we were now passing by option#1 and ramp #1..So option #2 was it..Everyone so graciously informed us..it was do it right or die..
My dear brother bless his heart then with some degree of panic in his voice..Suddenly informed me that he did not think he could do it..With everyone listening on the cb radio..As we began to pickup even more velocity..It dawned on me that we both were very quickly about to die..I for one was not yet ready to go..I told him as calmly as I could..Which I wasn't but he definitely did not need to know this..That we could not change drivers and he was going to have to make a choice..We either were going to live together or we for certain were going to die together..I was looking for this ramp it was night which of course did not help..and it was our last shot as living siblings..When we saw the ramp he turned quickly into it..However we were running so fast that we ran all the way up to the very end at the top..We were both so elated..But my dear brother forgot to turn the wheels and lock them up..
We then began to backup..I had to leap across him to turn the wheels and lock them to keep us from barely falling another 2500 or so feet into the valley below..Amid all the emergency vehicles tow trucks cranes etc.. Someone informed us that we were the only ones at that time to ever survive intact this kind of situation..I did not object to their jubilation..Surprisingly the next morning after realizing that unbelievably there was no damage to the Vehicle or us..I then drove us the rest of the way to California..Well the remaining six shall be simple and mercifully brief..and not nearly as dramatic..
20) I met my wife when she ten years old and I was twelve..She deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for being so tolerant of my insanity..
21) I am a good cook a great listener and a decent friend..And to the entire staff at iPeace..you are all priceless
I cannot name everyone I have met here but you all are my fellow Peace advocates..However one thing I know.. We can and we will make a difference in this world..Thanks David Califa..David Gould..Stephanie Seymour..Ruach and so so many others
22) Geez 4 more to go..Some safe normal Milestone Moments: Performing my first gig as a Live Musician..Producing and Directing my first big event for broadcast TV statewide..Then nationwide..Having my first Photos Published..Promoting My First big event in a nightclub..
23) Having 2 wonderful healthy children I love dearly..One of the most diverse and crazy families on the planet..
24) Still having all my original body parts still working properly..After all the abuse they have been subjected to..
25) and finally..For those who stayed around to get here you do know you need some sort of help right...Sharing some of my thoughts feelings insights writings and Poetry with such a wonderfully diverse group..Of some of the most wonderful people on this planet..Many blessings to you all..I will never do this again David..My Brother..I feel like the girl from the first Exorcist movie..So David and iPeace This Bud Light is for you..!!!!